Information Technology Technician
Information Technology Technician- Full Time
London, ON Region
Position Description: Reporting to the Information Technology Manager, the role of the Information Technology Technician is focused on supporting staff with technical support issues on desktop computers and their applications or service requests. You will be on a team that handles helpdesk tickets and may require travel to various sites to assist with technical support requirements primarily in the Southwest Region – London, St Thomas, Chatham, Woodstock and more in the future.
Our Mission: Indwell is a Christian charity that creates affordable housing communities that support people seeking health, wellness and belonging.
Hours of Work: Full-time; primarily weekdays, with some flexibility required.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Provide first and second-level technical support through phone, email, chat, video using remote software or on site face-to-face (as required and per COVID safety guidelines)
- Technical support for PCs (Workstations/Laptops), Servers, Printers, Mobile Devices, Phones, and networking equipment.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners, including asset deployment and inventory tracking.
- Office 365, SharePoint, Google administration, network monitoring and patch management.
- Respond to tickets, troubleshoot, and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Maintain detailed documentation of end user communications and problem resolution in ticketing system.
- Mediate communication between end users and external suppliers (ISP, third party and proprietary software technicians).
- Escalate unresolved issues to appropriate escalation teams.
- Follow up on ongoing support issues to ensure resolution implemented has been effective as well as communicate new developments to staff.
- Daily review of tickets to ensure all issues have been appropriately resolved, documented, and communicated.
- Support and enforce information technology policies.
- Manage user account information, permissions, and rights, including groups.
- Provide On-Call support for infrastructure related service incidents and follow internal management escalation procedure when necessary (team rotation).
- Attend workshops or industry related events with the intent to stay on top of future services and technologies to assist in the technological security and efficiency of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills: Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent Interpersonal, and communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a collaborative team. Also required are:
- Certifications with software or hardware. (Nice to have or being pursued)
- Support experience with Microsoft technologies - Active Directory, Windows 10, Microsoft 365, Windows Server, Endpoint Manager, Intune.
- Excellent technical and troubleshooting skills to diagnose and remediate software and hardware issues.
- Network administration, LAN, VLAN, VPN, Firewalls, VoIP, Cisco Meraki, Ubiquiti.
- Cyber Security knowledge. (Nice to have)
- Track down issues and break the problem-solving process down into easy-to-understand language.
- Proven customer service experience.
Qualifications: Committed to upholding and modeling the standards set out in the organization’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith and other operating standards and policies. Ability to work independently, be flexible, organized, responsible, and take initiative.
Requirement: Must have own vehicle, and a valid “G” class driver’s license. Must be able to travel to locations across the Southwest Region, London, St Thomas, Chatham, and Woodstock, plus others in the near future.
Education/Experience: University or College student graduate in a Computer Systems Technology program or related discipline with minimum of 3 years experience.
Salary: $53, 600- $60, 800 annual salary based on education and experience. Indwell offers a competitive benefits package and RRSP contribution.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume at www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Its supports and services are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell engages with diverse communities: we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services.
- Pay Type Salary
- 744 Dundas St, London, ON N5W 3T4, Canada