Production Supervisor, Liquids Packaging
At Groupe Marcelle we believe in an environment where passion can be expressed, creative minds lead to exceptional innovation, audacity and focus are a pillar of great success and acts of empowerment, collaboration and humanity are widely encouraged. Because our purpose is to “Cultivate beauty in the world”, we strive to care for you, people and the environment. We are looking for professionals who will exemplify these values and bring energy and commitment to results.
Join a company with more than 300 employees in the cosmetics field and play a key role in the organization.
Groupe Marcelle is currently seeking a dynamic and committed candidate to fill the permanent full-time position of Production Supervisor, Liquids Packaging.
- Workplace: 9200 Chemin de la Côte-de-Liesse, Montreal, Quebec.
- Daytime position from Monday to Friday, with a schedule from 7am to 4pm.
- A dynamic team of professionals.
- Benefits: competitive base salary and generous benefits package (including flexible hours, medical and dental insurance, pension plan and holidays during the Holiday Season).
- Semi-automated and manual packaging lines.
- Unionized team of 25-35 people, including 3-4 team leaders depending on the time of year.
- Clean environment.
- Discounts offered to employees on Groupe Marcelle products.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE
Supervise the team of employees to achieve production goals while:
- Ensuring the health and safety of employees.
- Respecting the procedures of the Quality System and the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Minimizing production costs.
- Respecting the deadlines required by the customers and the production schedule.
- Ensuring team harmony, productivity, training, and problem solving.
- Prepare the daily production plan (PDP) according to the production schedule and available resources.
- Act as a leader within the team to ensure that employees have clear expectations and the resources necessary to achieve goals.
- Interact as a production liaison with Logistics, Quality Control/Assurance or other departments when coordination is needed.
- Approve work orders and documentation before sending to Quality Assurance.
- Measure team performance indicators, analyze gaps and implement corrective actions.
- Coach team leaders in the supervision of department personnel (problem solving and disciplinary action);
- Manage performance management, vacation, training, and health & safety.
- Carry out performance improvement projects (equipment, processes, etc.).
- Follow up on ongoing files and achieve objectives with his/her manager.
WE WOULD LIKE TO MEET YOU IF YOU HAVE
- College or university education relevant to the job.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role (industrial/manufacturing environment), with experience managing unionized staff.
- Experience with packaging lines and ability to understand the operation of production equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Office Suite, familiarity with computerized production / ERP systems (JD Edwards an asset).
- Mastery of LEAN processes and philosophy (5S, SMED, pull system, etc.) - an asset.
AND IF YOU ARE
- Bilingual (English, French).
- Dynamic, committed and action-oriented on the ground and results.
- A structured and organized manager.
- Flexible, able to learn quickly and adapt to the unexpected.
- Skilled in problem solving.
- Highly skilled in communicating with others and demonstrates managerial courage to address discrepancies.
- Resourceful and autonomous.
- Excellent priority management.
The task and responsibilities listed above are summaries and indicatives.
We invite interested individuals to use our online recruitment module by submitting an application to https://dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/groupemarcelle.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Groupe Marcelle wants to offer equal employment opportunities to all. It invites women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginals, and persons with disabilities to apply. Groupe Marcelle is also committed to pursuing the integration of diversity and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees.
The use of the masculine gender in this document refers to both men and women.
Groupe Marcelle thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- 9200 Chem. de la Côte-de-Liesse, Dorval, QC H8T 1A1, Canada