Tool And Die Machinist
Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
We Think Customer – we aim to put our customers at the center of everything we do, taking time to understand their needs; creating solutions that meet and exceed their expectations, enhancing everyday moments
We Care About People – we recognize the power of a community with a common purpose; empathizing with others’ point of view and acting with integrity to create a safe and healthy environment
We Value Innovation – we are building a better future day by day; developing innovations that will create quality, consumer-centric, sustainable solutions
We Keep it Simple – we make the complex simple by driving out inefficiencies; which enables us to be agile, responsive and to get the job done
As required for metal stamping tooling, analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinist hand tools by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required.
- Consult with Tool and Die Maker as to what machines will be used to fabricate or modify parts.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly methods and sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining, taking into consideration fit and clearance requirements.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shaper, and grinder to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.
- Smooths flat and contoured surfaces and power grinders, and fits and assembles parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Determines heat treat requirements for tools/dies and parts with input from Tool and Die Maker.
- Connects wiring and hydraulic lines to install electrical and hydraulic components.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, jigs and fixtures, and recommends design improvements regarding construction and functionality of part to improve performance and longevity.
- Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and collaborates with Tool and Die Maker to produce tooling.
- Works with Lean Champion and Director of Manufacturing to promote continuous improvement in all facets, relating to man, methods and materials used in Tool & Die.
- Supports and lends expertise in modifying dies for use in SMED activities, standardizing tooling clamp points and other modifications as needed for quick die change.
Monday – Thursday
(4 – 10-hour days)
Flexibility on actual shift schedule on Day Shift
What We Offer
Core Total Rewards
- Co-Pay Group Benefits with low Employee rates for Medical, Dental, Vision
- Fully funded Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- 401K with 100% Employer Match up to 4%
- Portable Benefits, Consult +, and Telus Pharmacy Group
- Paid vacation leave tiered based on years of service – starting at 3 weeks per year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace Wellness Program
- Support of professional memberships/certifications
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Casual dress atmosphere
- Employee Service & Recognition Awards
- Referral Bonus Program
- A unique opportunity to be a key player in a growing global organization
- An innovative fast-paced culture focused on people
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.
This organization participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Vancouver, WA, USA