Customer Service Representative
Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for responding to telephone, email, and Live Chat from consumers in an accurate and timely fashion providing an exemplary customer service experience. They are able to articulate product features and functions in order to meet the consumer needs. The CSR will provide support, technical troubleshooting, and are knowledgeable on product functionality and warranties. While troubleshooting issues with clients the customer, service team members are responsible for entering the data into call management system with accuracy. They process warranty orders and RMA’s.
This role requires account management skills, a technical aptitude as well as very strong verbal and written communication skills. This role is a key contributor to the overall success and reputation of the customer service team.
As a CSR you will report to the Manager Consumer Services and work both at home and in the office.
In this role you will:
- Respond to customer inquiries in a professional, accurate and timely fashion
- Trouble shoot with the client to accurately determine the failure of their product and take the appropriate action required (ordering parts and service if entitled)
- Be a self starter and able to determine which resources to access depending on the needs/issues communicated by the customer (e.g. product dimensions – go to the website, troubleshooting – use the troubleshooting guide, parts list – go to service manual)
- Organizing the RMA when a client needs to return their purchase
- Attend product training sessions provided to learn about the products and accurately troubleshoot
- Prioritize work and work accurately under pressure of deadlines with frequent interruptions
- Work collaboratively and effectively with all members of the customer service team
- Provide regular status updates to internal stakeholders
- Provide backup to other customer service team members as required
- Complete work in a timely and consistent manner
- Ensure the Consumer service telephone queue is covered at all times during business hours
- Listen and respond effectively to all internal and external customer inquiries
- Follow up to evaluate customer satisfaction
- Commit to exceeding customer expectations
- Work the hours necessary to complete the assigned work
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need
- A technical aptitude is required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow instructions commonly found in owner’s manuals and service manuals and relay this information to the customer in easy-to-follow steps
- Ability to troubleshoot product issues and lead the consumer through the logical steps to get to the bottom of the issue
- Be regularly present and punctual
- Be committed to doing the best job possible and keep commitments
- French bilingual is an asset
What We Offer
Core Total Rewards:
- Fully funded Group Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, dependent life, AD&D, short term disability, & long term disability)
- Group RRSP with 100% Employer Match up to 4%
- Portable Benefits, Consult +, and Telus Pharmacy Group
- 3 Weeks Vacation Immediately
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace Wellness Program
- Support of professional memberships/certifications
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Smart casual dress atmosphere
- Summer Fridays
- Employee Service & Recognition Awards
- Referral Bonus Program
- A unique opportunity to be a key player in a growing global organization
- An innovative fast-paced culture focused on people
We Think Customer – we aim to put our customers at the center of everything we do, taking time to understand their needs; creating solutions that meet and exceed their expectations, enhancing everyday moments
We Care About People – we recognize the power of a community with a common purpose; empathizing with others’ point of view and acting with integrity to create a safe and healthy environment
We Value Innovation – we are building a better future day by day; developing innovations that will create quality, consumer-centric, sustainable solutions
We Keep it Simple – we make the complex simple by driving out inefficiencies; which enables us to be agile, responsive and to get the job done
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Cambridge, ON, Canada