Maintenance Technician- Afternoon Shift (3:00pm-11:30pm)
Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
We Think Customer – we aim to put our customers at the center of everything we do, taking time to understand their needs; creating solutions that meet and exceed their expectations, enhancing everyday moments
We Care About People – we recognize the power of a community with a common purpose; empathizing with others’ point of view and acting with integrity to create a safe and healthy environment
We Value Innovation – we are building a better future day by day; developing innovations that will create quality, consumer-centric, sustainable solutions
We Keep it Simple – we make the complex simple by driving out inefficiencies; which enables us to be agile, responsive and to get the job done
Accountable for repairing equipment, machinery, and fixing building maintenance issues. Fabricates parts and components for projects and repairs as needed. Ensures the operation of plant is consistent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs to machinery/equipment as needed
- Perform preventive maintenance on machinery/equipment and the building.
- Build fixtures, jigs, carts and other miscellaneous items to support production needs.
- Maintains a working understanding of plant production process equipment, systems and facilities in order to perform maintenance effectively.
- Works in cooperation with engineering, tool and die, production management/supervisor and external expertise as needed.
- Analyzes and repairs mechanical systems of equipment and related components under general direction.
- Maintain an organized work area, maintenance shop and other work areas following 5S standards.
- Lubricate and adjust production machinery according to prescribed procedures.
- Bends and cuts conduit and wire. Drills holes in walls, floors and ceilings for electrical connections as needed.
- Connects wires to motors, fixtures, and other electrical equipment, replaces switches and fuses, and splices wire as needed in normal course of job.
- Bends, cuts and threads pipe as needed for installation of plumbing, pneumatic or hydraulic systems.
- Builds simple structures from wood, metal or other materials as needed.
- Welds, assembles, and fabricates using hand tools, power tools, welders, and any other needed shop equipment.
- Provides routine building maintenance in the form of paint, drywall repair, both inside and outside building.
- Operates industrial lift truck as needed in the course of repair work.
- Respond to emergency situations during and after work hours.
What You Need
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent Preferred
- Millwright or Electrician (dual an asset but not necessary)
- Must have 433A Millwright license or a must be a licensed Electrician, with either your 442A License OR 309A license with at least 4 years of recent industrial experience
- Previous PLC troubleshooting skills is an asset, but not required
Afternoon shift: 3:00pm- 11:30pm
Starting rate of $36.00 plus shift premium of $1.00 for the afternoon shift
What We Offer
- Fully funded Group Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, dependent life, AD&D)
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- Group RRSP with 100% Employer Match up to 4%
- Portable Benefits, Consult +, and Telus Pharmacy Group
- 3 Weeks Vacation Immediately
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace Wellness Program
- Employee Service & Recognition Awards
- Referral Bonus Program
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- London, ON, Canada