Afternoon Shift Supervisor
Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
We Think Customer – we aim to put our customers at the center of everything we do, taking time to understand their needs; creating solutions that meet and exceed their expectations, enhancing everyday moments
We Care About People – we recognize the power of a community with a common purpose; empathizing with others’ point of view and acting with integrity to create a safe and healthy environment
We Value Innovation – we are building a better future day by day; developing innovations that will create quality, consumer-centric, sustainable solutions
We Keep it Simple – we make the complex simple by driving out inefficiencies; which enables us to be agile, responsive and to get the job done
The Afternoon Shift Supervisor is responsible for leading, developing and engaging employees within all departments on the manufacturing floor which would include but no limited to assembly, materials and maintenance. This individual would plan and assign work to be meet the company objectives directly tied to operations, quality, efficiencies, timelines, policies and procedures and safety protocols.
In this role you will:
- Ensures effective employee relations, including providing coaching and development and resolving employee issues through positive problem resolution.
- Aligns quality, productivity, cost, and safety to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Supervises departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to the manager.
- Responsible for productivity and quality management to the extent that it falls within department control.
- Recommends equipment upgrades, staffing adjustments, and process modifications and may recommend product or service modifications.
- Leads department kick-off meetings; reviews prior day’s performance, discusses plan for the day and makes announcements.
- Promotes teamwork to perform daily functions within safety guidelines and established work procedures.
- May provide training to new Production Associates on department processes
- Verify the quantities, weights, and dimensions on prepared shipping docs against customer order shipments.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations regarding logistics and hazardous materials, and ensure carriers comply.
- Monitor inventory levels as materials, equipment and stock are issued and transferred within the facility
- Compile inventory reports
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish materials, equipment, and stock
- Maintain stock rotation and dispose of and account for outdated stock
- Reconcile physical inventories in SAP
- Load / Unload trucks and transfer material throughout the facility
- Manage and supervise the maintenance staff and ensure that all required tasks are handled quickly and efficiently
- Ensures maintenance and repair work is completed correctly and promptly.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify issues and determine repairs that are needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. In addition to the job duties listed above, GD Americas may require you to perform the duties of other persons or require you to perform additional duties from time to time. You shall perform your duties faithfully and to the best of your abilities and devote your time and attention to the business of GD Americas.
As a people leader you will:
Shape a Sustainable Future
- Must anticipate the future by sense and acting upon emerging trends
- Must engage and inspire people around priorities. Energize teams and to make our purpose real.
- Own the Outcome and make growth happen. Execute for today and drive future growth.
Keep the Customer Central
- Shape the customer needs. Understand and exceed customer needs
- Build close customer relationship. Establish relevant and trusted customer engagements
- Creative distinctive value. Bring unique solutions to our customers
Act with Agility
- Embrace Change. See change as an opportunity rather than a challenge
- Show resilience. Display determination and supports other to do the same
- Demonstrate curiosity. Seek new learnings and experiences
- Solve problems. Make sense of complexity to generate solutions
- Seek out the possible. Collaborate as one to imagine and discover opportunities
- Lead Change. Shape a culture to drive disruptive change
- Keep it Simple. Drive out complexity wherever possible
Champion People Development
- Start with yourself. Be humble and self-aware
- Develop capability. Foster a culture of development
- Grow Future leader. Nurture the next generation
What You Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years of experience in a production environment,
- A minimum of 3 years shipping/receiving experience
- 2 years in a shipping lead/supervisor role.
Forklift Certification (or ability to be certified) is required. Lean Certification preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individual with ADA recognized disabilities to perform the essential job functions
What We Offer
Core Total Rewards
- Fully funded Group Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, dependent life, AD&D, short term disability, & long term disability)
- Group RRSP with 100% Employer Match up to 4%
- Portable Benefits, Consult +, and Telus Pharmacy Group
- 3 Weeks Vacation Immediately
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace Wellness Program
- Support of professional memberships/certifications
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Smart casual dress atmosphere
- Summer Fridays
- Employee Service & Recognition Awards
- Referral Bonus Program
- A unique opportunity to be a key player in a growing global organization
- An innovative fast-paced culture focused on people
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- London, ON, Canada