Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
Directs, plans, and organizes the activities of the maintenance department to meet Glen Dimplex’s throughput, cost, quality, and safety objectives for manufacture of existing products and any new products. Performs the duties personally or though supervision of subordinates.
The Maintenance Supervisor has a critical role and is a member of the site management team. This individual must possess energy & passion, can energize others, engage in constructive discussions, execute plans, and collaborate with fellow employees.
In this role you will:
(Includes the following, other duties may be assigned.)
Directly manage maintenance personnel and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable employment laws. Responsibilities include safety, appraising performance, training, rewarding, and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving issues. Will lead the effort and coordinate with Human Resources in interviewing and hiring new maintenance employees. Must build trust and work as a constructive partner with all management staff.
Maintenance support of equipment and facility including:
- Creation, maintenance, and archiving of thorough, graphically oriented, visually easy to follow equipment maintenance procedures.
- Uses a critical eye to evaluate and suggest improvements to current processes, incorporating Lean thinking.
- Provide timely and competent support for maintaining production equipment and the facility. Work closely with the manufacturing and manufacturing engineering departments to ensure smooth operation, minimal interruptions, and methods and procedures that meet the overall organization’s goals.
- Ensure equipment and facility complies with environmental, safety and health regulations and that this is communicated effectively to senior management team. Stay up to date with Federal and State regulations and ensure plant compliance.
- Keep maintenance records showing detailed history of equipment and facility problems encountered, ultimate solutions, and downtime. Create periodic reports showing equipment performance and opportunities for improvement.
- Based on reliability issues, recommend equipment upgrades and replacements. Provide data for, and work with manufacturing engineering, to build a financial case for the proposed replacements and upgrades. Use factory Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) reports as a driver for this activity.
General Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences, to inform management of current status of each project.
- Forecast operating cost of department and directs preparation of budget request.
- Responsible for being knowledgeable about lean manufacturing tools and processes and should provide leadership and training on Lean teams and activities. Uses Lean tools such as TPM, 5S and SMED methodology as well as other Lean tools.
- Ensure that department staff are educated and trained on:
- Lean principles and the ways to improve the company’s products, and processes, and profitability. Proactively leads teams in training and participation in kaizen events.
- Current equipment trouble-shooting technologies.
- Machine repair techniques.
- Safe and environmentally sound maintenance practices (lock-out-tag-out, etc.).
What you need:
- 5+ years of proven experience in a maintenance leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
- Strong trouble shooter and failure analysis
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making.
Shape a Sustainable Future
· Must anticipate the future by sense and acting upon emerging trends
· Must engage and inspire people around priorities. Energize teams and to make our purpose real.
· Own the Outcome and make growth happen. Execute for today and drive future growth.
Keep the Customer Central
· Shape the customer needs. Understand and exceed customer needs
· Build close customer relationship. Establish relevant and trusted customer engagements
· Creative distinctive value. Bring unique solutions to our customers
Act with Agility
· Embrace Change. See change as an opportunity rather than a challenge
· Show resilience. Display determination and supports other to do the same
· Demonstrate curiosity. Seek new learnings and experiences
· Solve problems. Make sense of complexity to generate solutions
· Seek out the possible. Collaborate as one to imagine and discover opportunities
· Lead Change. Shape a culture to drive disruptive change
· Keep it Simple. Drive out complexity wherever possible
Champion People Development
· Start with yourself. Be humble and self-aware
· Develop capability. Foster a culture of development
· Grow Future leader. Nurture the next generation
What We Offer
Core Total Rewards
- Co-Pay Group Benefits with low Employee rates for Medical, Dental, Vision
- Fully funded Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- 401K with 100% Employer Match up to 4%
- Portable Benefits, Consult +, and Telus Pharmacy Group
- Paid vacation leave tiered based on years of service – starting at 3 weeks per year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace Wellness Program
- Support of professional memberships/certifications
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Smart casual dress atmosphere
- Summer Fridays
- Employee Service & Recognition Awards
- Referral Bonus Program
- A unique opportunity to be a key player in a growing global organization
- An innovative fast-paced culture focused on people
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, WA, USA