Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
We Think Customer – we aim to put our customers at the center of everything we do, taking time to understand their needs; creating solutions that meet and exceed their expectations, enhancing everyday moments
We Care About People – we recognize the power of a community with a common purpose; empathizing with others’ point of view and acting with integrity to create a safe and healthy environment
We Value Innovation – we are building a better future day by day; developing innovations that will create quality, consumer-centric, sustainable solutions
We Keep it Simple – we make the complex simple by driving out inefficiencies; which enables us to be agile, responsive and to get the job done
Responsible for providing a short-term finite capacity-constrained production schedule with an optimal, feasible and realistic sequence of materials in accordance with the availability of resources (production lines/labor) and materials. This role should work strategically with production, master production planners, and corporate functional heads to support reducing costs, and realizing optimal inventory levels.
Plan and schedule manufacturing, considering all constraints including manpower, materials availability, other capacity restrictions, and cost, to achieve proper quality and quantity at the time product is needed and then following up the schedule to see that the plan is carried out.
Working onsite at our manufacturing facility, you will ensure inventory levels are in place to meet production targets and customer demand. Strong communication, planning and problem-solving skills are essential to your success in this role.
In this role you will:
- Create and monitor production expectations and deliverables based on master production schedule.
- Prioritize production build according to MPS and set the rate of production for assembled parts to meet MPS commitments.
- Prevent over/under production and troubleshoot root causes of missed production targets.
- Set optimal inventory levels and loop sizes for value stream parts
- Develop spreadsheets, charts and reports pertaining to production requirements, inventories, and/or schedule performance.
- Determine the value streams for part # (all possible paths/options) and their critical path to increase flow and minimize lead time.
- Represent the department in meetings as needed
- Participate as required on special project teams to validate and improve data integrity in the planning systems
- Responsible for planning views of Material Master, Routing, Work Center, Production Versions for given operations in a Plant.
- Responsible for the management and release of Production orders for these operations ensuring all are completed. Documents all issues in our ticketing systems as appropriate.
- Responsible for maintaining resource capacity, including downtime, ad-hoc downtime etc. Coordinates with master production scheduler on challenges to meeting demands (capacity or component constraints).
- Schedules and re-schedules planned production orders.
- Monitor production vs planned orders performance and report KPIs
- Partner with purchasing when required to improve raw materials flow
- Helps identify process improvement, helps to identify issues in the operational inventory control procedure and is part of a team implementing process improvement activities.
- Review production plan, material availability and release production orders when required
- Must be organized and structured
- Investigate short falls in production output.
- Shift machine priorities to facilitate builds as needed.
- Develop and sustain positive relationships with internal and external customers to meet or exceed customer satisfaction goals:
- Negotiate job orders with customers (internal and external) based on equipment capacity and material availability.
- Analyze current and backlog job orders and accordingly develop production plan and schedules.
- Work with materials, manufacturing and purchasing departments in identifying and resolving production planning problems.
- Maintain SAP Master Data with high accuracy and reliability (98% record accuracy):
- Delve deeply into understanding ERP planning parameters and the interactions of multiple parameters. Ensure the algorithms used by the system are value add
- Take full responsibility for accuracy of planning related Master Data.
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree in Materials Management, Supply Chain, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Two to five years of experience in a Production or Inventory Planning environment, preferably within the CPG field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience analyzing large amounts of information/data and developing fact-based conclusions.
- Able to solve problems using various analytical tools, including root cause analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated sense of energy/urgency and ability to learn on the fly.
- Ability to work cross functionally with all levels of the organization.
- High level Excel skills are required for this role.
- Must have previous working experience in an MPS role.
- Must have worked in a fully functioning ERP / MRP environment (Visual, JD Edwards, Oracle or SAP – is highly desired).
- Must understand the MPS detailed scheduling, planning and execution principals of a manufacturing setting.
- Inventory management understanding is key
- Safety stock planning is key to this role.
- Planned vs actual results analytics are required – measuring plan performance.
- Planning in a fast-paced manufacturing environment must be understood.
- A solid understanding of the demand / supply balance is key (the position will not work in a Demand Planning capacity but must understand the info coming over to supply and how it articulates through an MRP environment).
What We Offer
Core Total Rewards
- Fully funded Group Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, dependent life, AD&D, short term disability, & long term disability)
- Group RRSP with 100% Employer Match up to 4%
- Portable Benefits, Consult +, and Telus Pharmacy Group
- 3 Weeks Vacation Immediately
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace Wellness Program
- Support of professional memberships/certifications
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Smart casual dress atmosphere
- Summer Fridays
- Employee Service & Recognition Awards
- Referral Bonus Program
- A unique opportunity to be a key player in a growing global organization
- An innovative fast-paced culture focused on people
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- London, ON, Canada