Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
We Think Customer – we aim to put our customers at the center of everything we do, taking time to understand their needs; creating solutions that meet and exceed their expectations, enhancing everyday moments
We Care About People – we recognize the power of a community with a common purpose; empathizing with others’ point of view and acting with integrity to create a safe and healthy environment
We Value Innovation – we are building a better future day by day; developing innovations that will create quality, consumer-centric, sustainable solutions
We Keep it Simple – we make the complex simple by driving out inefficiencies; which enables us to be agile, responsive and to get the job done
Reporting to the Director, Demand Planning, the Demand Planner is the subject matter expert regarding customer demand for Glen Dimplex Americas and is a key member of the Operations team that is responsible for creating and maintaining the bottom-up Demand Plan based on assumptions.
To be successful in the role, the Demand Planner must possess strong analytical skills, business acumen and interpersonal skills that allows them to build and maintain relationships with our commercial team as well as other internal stakeholders.
In this role you will:
- Develop, maintain, and optimize a 24 month rolling sales forecasts at the item / customer level
- Identify and action visible trends within the various sales channels that Glen Dimplex Americas operates in and provide insight to the sales, marketing, supply and product management teams with the appropriate feedback
- Establish and promote a culture of accountability and collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Compile forecast accuracy and bias data and develop action plans to address issues / gaps
- Compare forecasts to the financial budgets and provide a clear overview of variances, opportunities, and risks
- Ensure the demand planning software system (SAP IBP) is maintained and information is reliable
- Contribute to the excess and obsolescence process by supporting Commercial in their sales plan development
- Develop strong relationships with the sales, marketing, and finance teams to drive collaborative forecast planning
- Actively participate in the company’s continuous improvement initiatives
What You Need
- Post-secondary education in Business, Statistics, Supply Chain or Materials/Operations Management is preferred
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a Demand Planner
- Knowledge of S&OP or IBP is required
- Team player who works productively with a wide range of people in cross functional teams
- Experience analyzing large amounts of information/data and developing fact based conclusions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated sense of energy / urgency and ability to learn on the fly
- Proactive, organized and detail oriented with the ability to work independently
- Strong understanding of the operations functions overall and how internal customers utilize the demand planning information
- Strong Excel skills are required for this role
- Knowledge of SAP IBP would be an asset
What We Offer
Core Total Rewards
- Fully funded Group Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, dependent life, AD&D, short term disability, & long term disability)
- Group RRSP with 100% Employer Match up to 4%
- Portable Benefits, Consult +, and Telus Pharmacy Group
- 3 Weeks Vacation Immediately
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace Wellness Program
- Support of professional memberships/certifications
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Smart casual dress atmosphere
- Summer Fridays
- Employee Service & Recognition Awards
- Referral Bonus Program
- A unique opportunity to be a key player in a growing global organization
- An innovative fast-paced culture focused on people
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Cambridge, ON, Canada