Computer Support Specialist
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the shipbuilding industry? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Computer Support Specialist, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide excellent customer service and support to local and remote users
- Troubleshoot software and hardware configuration problems
- Update tickets in a timely, efficient, and detailed manner
- Efficiently respond to escalated issues
- Provide technical assistance and training to users and colleagues
- Support continuous improvement across the business
- Work effectively with vendors, partners, and service providers to resolve issues
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the asset/software management data
- Research potential technology solutions to meet business needs
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- 5 years' experience in a similar IT role
- Degree or Diploma in related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Be calm and positive in a deadline driven environment
- Great interpersonal and relationship building skills
- You value learning and growth
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage stakeholders
- Certifications in Network+, ITIL, and Microsoft technologies are an asset
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you, really! Just check out the perks down below!
We are powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about our projects, and motivated to deliver superior results. The Genoa formula is simple: Put people first, create lasting relationships and never, ever stand still! Our quest for quality and continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do.
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program
Vacation and discretionary days
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
- An employee wellness program to spend on whatever makes you happy.
- A minimum of 8 volunteer hours each year to support causes that matter to you.
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity with our award-winning in-house Academy; offering advanced technical training along with the diverse soft skills needed to stay ahead of the curve and confident in your role.
- Catered lunches from local businesses.
- Stretch breaks — because who wants to sit at a desk all day?
You’ll be able to enjoy assorted extras such as free snacks, Genoa swag, an employee recognition values points program, and friendly team-building events.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to email@example.com and we would be happy to help!
While we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all others with whom we with interact.
- Pay Type Salary
- Genoa Design International, 117 Glencoe Drive, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada