Technical Consultant - HVAC
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the shipbuilding industry? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team!
We are recruiting for a Technical Consultant - HVAC
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Technical Consultant, your responsibilities would include:
• Collaborating in the development of Technical Strategies, Processes, Procedures and Work Instructions; as well as helping promote their implementation.
• Assisting designers in HVAC and systems layout planning, resolving complex design issues, and creating efficient designs.
• Evaluating competing technical, construction and operational design constraints into a comprehensive assessment of risk and mitigations.
• Reviewing 3D models for Regulatory, Class, HSI and Specification compliance.
• Contributing to the mentoring technical staff throughout their professional development.
• Traveling to connect with Clients and sub-contractors may be required from time to time.
WHO WE ARE
We think big while never losing sight of the details. The Genoa team approaches everyday by truly living our core values:
Put People First – make decisions and take actions that strengthen and support our team;
Create Lasting Relationships – offer our clients and business partners the same respect and friendship we offer each other;
Own It – go the extra mile and take responsibility;
Never Stand Still – welcome each day as a new opportunity to learn, grow, and serve;
Live Well – find balance at work and at home by taking care of your mind, body and soul;
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
• Degree/technical diploma in mechanical engineering, engineering design, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in design, routing and integration (aboard ships is preferred)
• Experience working with multi-discipline teams (e.g. integrate with structure, piping, HVAC and electrical teams)
• Leadership and technical team management skills.
• Ability to effectively present and defend your ideas, tailoring your approach to win over various stakeholders.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Experience with Ship-Constructor, Navisworks, and other ship design software tools.
• Ability to manage challenging situations, provide strategic direction, and think critically.
• Ability to recognize and articulate risks, reliably classifying their importance within the overall project context.
• Practical shipyard experience is highly desirable.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you. Really!
Genoa values the diversity of the people we hire, our customers and all others with whom we interact. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
Our collaborative, fun and team-focused workspace is designed to give everyone a voice & the opportunity to make meaningful contributions.
We’re an employee-owned company that’s done a lot of research on what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
• Attractive compensation
• RRSP matching program
• Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program
• Vacation, discretionary days, and yay-cation days - because who doesn’t like extra vacation time?
• Employee profit-sharing plan and share ownership plan
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
• $1000/yr wellness incentive to buy whatever makes you happy
• An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity
• Ability to work remotely at home and in the office during the COVID-19 pandemic
• Quiet rooms where you can take a break, dim the lights, and re-charge
You’ll be invited to enjoy assorted extras such as Genoa swag, values points, and COVID-friendly team-building events. It’s ok to write on the office walls, too. Just sayin’.
While we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all others with whom we with interact.
- Pay Type Salary
- Genoa Design International, 117 Glencoe Drive, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada