Piping Designers - Shipbuilding
We are recruiting Piping Designers!
If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then apply to come aboard the Genoa team!
WHO WE ARE
Genoa Design International has been providing production design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries from here in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1995. In that time, we’ve become one of the most sought-after production design firms in the North American shipbuilding market with a commitment to quality as a recent ISO 9001:2015 certified organization.
We think big while never losing sight of the details. The Genoa team approaches everyday by truly living our core values:
Put People First – make decisions and take actions that strengthen and support our team.
Create Lasting Relationships – offer our clients and business partners the same respect and friendship we offer each other.
Own It – go the extra mile and take responsibility.
Never Stand Still – welcome each day as a new opportunity to learn, grow, and serve.
Live Well – find balance at work and at home by taking care of your mind, body and soul.
With a team of more than 200 designers, engineers, naval architects, administrators, and technical support staff dispersed between our four locations in Mount Pearl, NL; Halifax, NS; Vancouver, BC; New Orleans, US, and Pascagoula, US. Genoa provides expertise and dedicated support throughout the shipbuilding process. Currently, Genoa is active in major government initiatives such as Canada’s National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) and in commercial contracts in shipyards throughout North America.
Genoa’s focus on innovation is closely aligned with our approach to collaboration. Our 3D model serves as a collaborative tool across project teams and stages, supporting partners over the long term, from initial design to decommission. These full-scale service offerings allow users to verify changes, optimize systems, and shorten engineering cycles throughout the whole life cycle of a project. Second only to our people, are the tools we deploy to succeed. With innovation, collaboration, and efficiency being fundamental to what we do, our Innovation Lab is pushing our company forward with industry-leading technologies. A balanced team of new and seasoned professionals provides a range of expertise, while an on-the-ground presence in North America’s key shipbuilding hubs ensures smooth sailing on each and every project.
The Genoa formula is simple: Put people first. Drive the 3D model. And never, ever stand still. Our quest for quality and continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Designer, with a Piping discipline, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and modify 3D models based on P&ID’s, Schematics or vendor supplied VFI.
- Create and modify fabrication drawings according to project scope for structure and distributive systems.
- The lay out of piping and equipment to provide a clean and well thought out 3D model.
- Incorporate supports, spools, penetrations, and instrumentation.
- Ensure compliance of the 3D model with regulatory standards, classification rules (DNV, Lloyds/GL, etc.), design guidelines, and client specific standards.
- Ensure a level of quality control for project work in accordance with Genoa’s quality management system.
Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned that relate to technical leadership and integration of Genoa’s projects.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Technical diploma or degree in a related discipline (marine engineering systems design; mechanical, HVAC or electrical design) or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- Marine design experience in related discipline.
- Experience working directly with regulatory bodies and classification societies.
- Experience with 3D product models for new ship construction &/or refit projects.
- Experience in the use of AutoCad, Ship Constructor, AVEVA, Cadmatic, Foran or other ship design software would be an asset.
- Exposure to a shipyard or production environment is an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet project deadlines and problem solve.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you, really! Just check out the perks down below!
We are powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about our projects, and motivated to deliver superior results. The Genoa formula is simple: Put people first. Drive the 3D model. And never, ever stand still. Our quest for quality and continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do.
We’ve done a lot of research on what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program
Vacation and discretionary days
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
- An employee wellness program to spend on whatever makes you happy.
- A minimum of 8 volunteer hours each year to support causes that matter to you.
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity with our award-winning in-house Academy; offering advanced technical training along with the diverse soft skills needed to stay ahead of the curve and confident in your role.
- Catered lunches from local businesses.
- Stretch breaks — because who wants to sit at a desk all day?
You’ll be able to enjoy assorted extras such as free snacks, Genoa swag, an employee recognition values points program, and friendly team-building events.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help!
While we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all other with whom with interact.
- 15 Dundee Ave, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4R6, Canada
- Halifax, NS, Canada