Flanagan Foodservice is Canada’s largest independent foodservice distributor. Proudly Canadian and family owned, we have been serving Ontario for 45 years. We meet our customers' unique needs by delivering value, flexibility and an exceptional customer experience. This mission is made possible by attracting the best talent in the industry and by treating our employees like family. Distinguished as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 9 consecutive years!
We are now hiring a Business Analyst at our Kitchener location!
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Pension and RRSP plans
- Profit Sharing Program
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits
- Paid Personal Days and Your Birthday!
- Annual Health & Wellness Benefit
- Family oriented culture
What it’s all about:
The Business Analyst will support the overall financial management and business decisions through the accurate collection, analysis, forecasting, and reporting of financial information. Acting as the liaison between the functional areas and the Finance department, this role will collaborate with Operations, Sales, Senior Leaders, and engage with a variety of business intelligence tools to transform data to support effective decision making and continuous improvement initiatives to optimize the business performance of Flanagan.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct financial planning, analysis, forecasting and reporting based on company performance, market conditions, competitive activities and growth opportunities
- Participate in developing targets for departments related to operating and capital spending
- Provide departments with guidelines and assumptions to develop budgets
- Assist in overall monthly forecast to provide results before month-end, allowing for time-sensitive analysis and decision-making
- Analyze results against budget and prepare commentary on variances
- Assist in developing reforecasts and strategic plans at branch level based on actuals and future financial projections
- Prepare reports for Branch and Central Office leadership and Finance teams, including tracking key metrics in relation to month-end finance activities
- Monitor month-end accruals and reversals process
- Prepare reports and presentations for monthly and weekly management meetings
- Develop, implement and use tools for managing and analyzing financial performance
- Create models and metrics to continuously improve upon forecasting of financial performance
- Other duties as assigned
What we need:
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in a similar finance role
- Advanced-level skills in Microsoft Excel and Power BI required
- Post-secondary education in commerce, business administration or economics preferred
- Recognized accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA or equivalent) considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to create complex, multi-year, financial models required
- Strong decision making skills and ability to work independently required
- Proven ability to create complex, multi-year, financial models required
- Strong ability to plan, organize, and work objectively and accurately with data
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with others required
- Previous experience preparing and delivering reports/presentations required
- Flexible to support hours outside of regular business hours
Be part of the Difference!
- Pay Type Salary
- Kitchener, ON, Canada