Credit Analyst - Edmonton (Virtual)
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Reporting to the Risk Manager, the Credit Analyst is responsible identifying, assessing, and mitigating potential areas of risk to Firma’s business operations. This position is accountable for contributing to effective Risk Management procedures and processes that balance Firma’s operational, financial, and reputational risk associated with its client credit risk.
More specifically your duties will include:
- Support the Risk Management Team:
- Provide support and guidance to regional and branch staff on credit policy, procedures, processes, and systems
- Provide quality input into new policy and procedure development and implementation
- Stay up to date on industry trends and best practices
- Provide support and guidance to co-workers
- Ensure alignment of department objectives with corporate strategic objectives
- Identify areas for efficiencies and process improvements
- Assist in preparation of documentation for the department
- Provide input in to department procedures, trackers, and job aids
- Contribute to SMART goals for self and department that align with Firma’s strategy
- Reconcile 3rd party contracts:
- Reconcile monthly accounts held with external credit-data service providers and provide other administrative support where necessary
- Report on department (Key Performance Index) KPIs:
- Provide daily performance measures for credit facilities
- Provide ad-hoc metrics showing trends
- Evaluate client credit risk and provide credit facilities
- Enter all credit requests into FxOffice (proprietary software) following a prescribed process
- Adjust credit limits in FxOffice
- Conduct in-depth credit due diligence and risk assessment of clients by following a prescribed process
- Evaluate customer risk profile and interpret information by analyzing financial statements, identifying strengths, weaknesses, and gaps in information
- Review external information obtained through web searches to assess credit risk
- Assess and evaluate client credit risk and prepare a business case summary
- Identify high-risk clients and initiate referral to management for further investigation
- Perform collection steps to prevent/collect outstanding debt
WHAT DO YOU BRING?
- One to Three (1-3) years’ experience in the credit industry and /or banking experience (rural banking experience is an asset);
- Post-secondary degree in Accounting/Business
- Strong ability to influence without authority and good negotiating skills
- Initiative in recognizing opportunities for improvement and efficiency
- Advanced knowledge of computer software (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills; ability to interpret financial information
- Strong organizational and time management skills in order to effectively manage multiple priorities and competing demands within tight deadlines
- Exceptional customer service skills with a focus on telephone interactions as well as interpersonal and written communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary that’s benchmarked to Mercer salary data.
- Participation in a Corporate Incentive program based on 10%+ of annual salary.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days.
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
- One half-Friday off per month.
- Health and dental benefits and an EAP program focused on your mental health (Headversity).
- Company paid professional development plus access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Employee recognition program – movie tickets, household items, electronics, gift cards, etc.
- Ability to work from home and flexible working arrangements.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Firma (an OFX company) has been helping grow our customers’ worlds since 1998. Helping our customers go further in every connection to deliver a remarkable service that takes away the complexity of growing across borders. Providing global scale and corporate-level know-how in a way that relates to our customers ambitions and cross-border readiness. At the core of this all is our commitment to dedicated one-to-one customer service. Firma is excited to be joining forces with OFX, a leading global money services provider, who shares this ethos.
OFX grew from the idea that there had to be a better, fairer way to move money around the world. That was over 20 years ago, and we’re still driven by the same mission today. We help individuals and businesses navigate the complexity of foreign exchange, offering the best of both worlds – an easy to use digital platform, combined with 24/7 access to our currency experts around the globe.
We provide great opportunities for our employees to grow their careers and make a difference, and for our clients to move money safely and securely with confidence.
Our Company is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide a supportive and respectful environment free of bias, where each employee feels valued. Together our opinions, strengths, experiences, and diverse backgrounds empower us to perform better and be innovative, which is essential to our continued success.
Applicants are required to be able to work remotely and pass a background check to be eligible for consideration.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.