Junior Data Architect
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Reporting to the Supervisor Data Architecture, the Junior Data Architect is responsible for building, maintaining, and optimizing database solutions to store and retrieve company information. This is accomplished by producing both physical and logical data models, providing strategic guidance based on those models, and leading corporate discussions related to data analysis.The Junior Data Architect will design and build data repositories, govern a robust data environment, and provide strategic leadership. This resource is responsible for ensuring Firma’s data acquisition, storage, preparation, and quality needs are met.
More specifically your duties will include:
- Contribute to annual data governance, technology, and business planning processes.
- Lead and provide technical guidance for design and implementation of data storage and governance systems.
- Establish data standards, configure complex data architectures, and ensure documentation meets current and future needs.
- Define security and backup procedures.
- Coordinate with project supervisors and business leaders and manage all projects regarding enterprise data.
- Build and load information into data warehouses and marts using models and ETL.
- Maintain, support, and enhance the business intelligence data backend, including data warehouses.
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new systems as part of system integration.
- Administer mapping of all data sources and movement and analyze it to ensure appropriate quality of all data.
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements.
- Collaborate and work with end users to ensure that data and reports meet their business needs.
- Design long-term plans and short-term resolutions to achieve corporate goals and prepare data roadmaps for management.
- Help develop key metrics for tests on data and ensure integrity of same on data architecture.
- Analyze information flow and recommend appropriate technology to provide support to all business processes.
- Determine procedures to identify and collect all required data, validate processes, and recommend improvements as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT DO YOU BRING?
- Degree in Computing Science or MIS (Management Information Systems) or related field
- 4 to 5 years’ experience in the design and building of enterprise data warehouses
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles.
- Expertise in SQL and T-SQL queries and scripting
- Familiarity with normalized database design as well as star-schema design
- Prior experience with MS SQL Server
- An understanding of ERD modelling
Bonus Points For:
- Experience in large data migration projects
- Experience on Google Cloud Platform
- Experience using Idera Data Architect
- Proven ability to work effectively and professionally in a dynamic environment while managing multiple clients’ demands and priorities.
- Equivalents of Education and Experience will be considered
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary that’s benchmarked to Mercer salary data.
- Participation in a Corporate Incentive program based on10% of annual salary.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days.
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
- One half-Friday off per month.
- Health and dental benefits and an EAP program focused on your mental health (Headversity).
- Company paid professional development plus access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Employee recognition program – movie tickets, household items, electronics, gift cards, etc.
- Ability to work from home and flexible working arrangements.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Firma (an OFX company) has been helping grow our customers’ worlds since 1998. Helping our customers go further in every connection to deliver a remarkable service that takes away the complexity of growing across borders. Providing global scale and corporate-level know-how in a way that relates to our customers ambitions and cross-border readiness. At the core of this all is our commitment to dedicated one-to-one customer service. Firma is excited to be joining forces with OFX, a leading global money services provider, who shares this ethos.
OFX grew from the idea that there had to be a better, fairer way to move money around the world. That was over 20 years ago, and we’re still driven by the same mission today. We help individuals and businesses navigate the complexity of foreign exchange, offering the best of both worlds – an easy to use digital platform, combined with 24/7 access to our currency experts around the globe.
We provide great opportunities for our employees to grow their careers and make a difference, and for our clients to move money safely and securely with confidence.
Our Company is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide a supportive and respectful environment free of bias, where each employee feels valued. Together our opinions, strengths, experiences, and diverse backgrounds empower us to perform better and be innovative, which is essential to our continued success.
Applicants are required to be able to work remotely and pass a background check to be eligible for consideration.