210 - BROOKSIDE CC/SA/EDP - ECE Teacher
Registered Early Childhood Educator
Permanent Full Time Split shift – 8 hours a day. Hours of work may be subject to change (increased or decreased) for any reason at Family Day’s sole discretion including without limitation, due to Board of Education directives.
|September 26, 2022|
September 1, 2023
About Family Day:
Family Day Care Services is a non-profit, charitable organization with a long and distinguished history of providing high-quality early learning and child care services to children and families throughout Toronto, York and Peel Regions. We are a multi service organization with over 500 employees, providing a broad range of services including: 29 Child Care Centres, 49 Before and After Care programs, 204 Licensed Home Child Cares, 9 EarlyON programs, 2 Homework Plus programs, and Special Needs Resourcing for children and their families living in the Greater Toronto Area.
Family Day Offers:
- Vacation, sick leave and medical appointments
- Child Care discount
- In-house training/professional development
- Opportunities for career progression
- Employee Referral program
Reporting to the Centre Supervisor the R.E.C.E. is responsible for providing and supporting an Early Learning and Development environment for children (0-12 years) in a group setting, in keeping with the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA), municipal guidelines and the policies and procedures of Family Day.
- Implement and practice the High/Scope® educational approach to curriculum and the Hanen Learning Language and Loving It™ Program
- Plan, develop and implement programs that reflects children’s interest and responds to diverse individual and cultural needs
- Participate in short and long term planning and evaluation activities
- Observe and assess children’s progress and behavior to ensure the programs meet individual and group needs
- Lead and or participate in assessment meetings for children with special needs with the supervisor and/or other agencies; make recommendations to adapt programs as necessary
- Demonstrate empathy, sensitivity and support to the family unit
- Practice respectful communication with children, parents, colleagues, teachers, managers, students and volunteers
- Support, comfort and encourage children who are experiencing difficulties and help them to understand and handle their feelings
- Manage within the Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety standards
- Guide and assist children in the development of independent eating, dressing and toileting habits
- Participate in regular staff meetings, individual supervision, training and related activities both internal and external including the performance review
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience Required
- Early Childhood Education Degree or Diploma
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Training in HIGH FIVE®, PHCD or HIGH FIVE® Sport is a definite asset
- Minimum of 2 years of child care experience preferred
- Well-developed skills in areas such as leadership, communication, organization, assessment, teamwork, confidentiality, commitment and accountability, initiative and creativity
- Knowledge of best practices in the Early Learning development field
- Commitment to social inclusion
- Medical required – including TB (two stages) 6 months current to hiring date
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check 6 months current to hiring date
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR, level C
- Able to work all shifts between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Family Day fosters a positive inclusive workplace culture, with a workforce that is representative of the families and communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, Family Day encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our team.
At Family Day the worksite or office is our primary place of work. We are committed to providing work environments which promote the health, safety and well-being of all employees in accordance with public health regulation and guidance. Applicants must be fully vaccinated with both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, with the second dose having been received at least 14 days prior to the start date, or have an approved exemption before entering Family Day premises for work.
Interested candidates may apply by through our website: www.familydaycare.com
Family Day Care Services is committed to providing a safe environment for children. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Family Day Care Services will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need to ensure your equal participation, feel free to contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- 75 Oasis Blvd, Scarborough, ON M1X 0A3, Canada