570 - ST. VALENTINE SA/EDP - Assistant Teacher
Contract Part Time – 5 hour a day. Hours of work may be subject to change (increased or decreased) for any reason at Family Day’s sole discretion including without limitation, due to Board of Education directives.
|December 12, 2022|
August 18, 2023
About Family Day:
Family Day Care Services is a non-profit, charitable organization with a long and distinguished history of providing high-quality early learning and child care services to children and families throughout Toronto, York and Peel Regions. We are a multi service organization with over 500 employees, providing a broad range of services including: 29 Child Care Centres, 49 Before and After Care programs, 204 Licensed Home Child Cares, 9 EarlyON programs, 2 Homework Plus programs, and Special Needs Resourcing for children and their families living in the Greater Toronto Area.
Family Day Offers:
- Vacation, sick leave and medical appointments
- Child Care discount
- Discounted GoodLife memberships
- Training & professional development Funding
- Potential for career Growth
- Employee Referral Bonus
The Assistant Teacher works in partnership with the E.C.E. Teacher(s) to provide and support an Early Learning and Development Program for children (0-12 years), in a group setting in keeping with the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA), municipal guidelines and the policies and procedures of Family Day.
- Support the implementation of the High/Scope® educational approach to Curriculum and The Hanen Learning Language and Loving It™ Program
- Assist E.C.E. in creating a program plan that reflects children’s interest and responds to diverse individual and cultural needs
- Participate in short and long term planning and evaluation activities
- Assist the E.C.E in the observation and assessment of children’s progress and behavior to ensure program meets individual and group needs
- Assist the E.C.E in providing Individual program plans for children with special needs
- Demonstrate empathy, sensitivity and support to the family unit
- Practice respectful communication with children, parents, colleagues, teachers, managers, students and volunteers
- Support, comfort and encourage children who are experiencing difficulties and help them to understand and handle their feelings
- Ensure that the activity areas are appropriately equipped and maintained
- Works within the Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety standards
- Guide and assist children in the development of independent eating, dressing and toileting habits
- Perform other duties as required
Education and Experience Required
- Previous experience with children in a child care centre or educational setting
- Must have children with special needs experience
- Knowledge of best practices in the early learning and childcare sector
- Well-developed skills in areas such as leadership, communication, organization, assessment, teamwork, confidentiality, commitment and accountability, initiative and creativity
- Awareness of diversity and social inclusion
- Medical required – including TB (two stages) 6 months current to hiring date
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check 6 months current to hiring date
- Standard First Aid and CPR, level C
- Able to work all shifts between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Family Day fosters a positive inclusive workplace culture, with a workforce that is representative of the families and communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, Family Day encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our team.
At Family Day the worksite or office is our primary place of work. We are committed to providing work environments which promote the health, safety and well-being of all employees in accordance with public health regulation and guidance. Applicants must be fully vaccinated with both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, with the second dose having been received at least 14 days prior to the start date, or have an approved exemption before entering Family Day premises for work.
Interested candidates may apply through our website: www.familydaycare.com
Family Day Care Services is committed to providing a safe environment for children. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Family Day Care Services will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need to ensure your equal participation, feel free to contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- 5610 Heatherleigh Ave, Mississauga, ON L5V 2V7, Canada