Data Entry Clerk - Across Release Agent I
This entry level position is primarily responsible for reviewing and entering customs documents. The incumbent processes shipments using standard operating procedures. May obtain additional information or seek guidance from more senior team members based on instructions and standard operating procedures.
We are hiring for the following shifts:
- Monday - Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
- Tuesday - Saturday 4pm-12am
- Tuesday/Wednesday/ Thursday 4pm-12am, Saturday/ Sunday 12am-8am
- Wednesday - Sunday 4pm-12am
- Sunday - Thursday 4pm-12am
- Saturday & Sunday 4pm-12am
- Friday 5pm-9pm, Saturday & Sunday 8am-6:30pm
Key Responsibilities (Supervisory/Materials/Information)
- Review documents for completeness (e.g. date, description, value) ensuring that all necessary documents have been received for processing. Enter required information into database system in order to produce entry.
- Contact clients, branches or other brokers of additional documents or information is required.
- Respond to calls and questions from internal and external sources.
- Trace shipments and set up pre-arrivals at Customs.
- Perform various clerical and general office duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Office experience an asset, but not required
Competencies, Working Skills & Attributes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Tactful and dependable
- Strong communication skills; must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills (minimum 8000 strokes an hour with 97% accuracy)
- Able to multi task and keep track of priorities and ETA’s
- Demonstrated ability in completing a variety of entry types and processes
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Demonstrated ability with standard business applications (e.g. MS Office, email, internet) and standard office equipment (e.g. computer, fax, photocopier, scanner, telephone, etc.)
Working Conditions, Mental Effort & Physical Requirements
- Accuracy is required when entering appropriate data, adding figures and reconciling documents
- Concentration is required in balancing several tasks at one time
- Repetitive keyboarding / mousing; generally more than 6 hours per day
- Able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, multitasking environment
- Sitting at a desk for prolonged periods of time (up to ½ hour – 1 hour at a time) for more than 6 hours per day
- Lifting batches of entries and mail (generally less than 10 lbs)
- Clean, non-hazardous office environment
Farrow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
- Pay Type Salary
- 106 Earl Thompson Rd, Ayr, ON N0B 1E0, Canada