Cannista - Retail Experience
We’re here to give Canadians the educated and curated experience they deserve. Although cannabis has been cultivated for ages, today’s science brings a much deeper understanding to the table. And, that’s exactly why we want to be your guide to all things good and green. At Fire & Flower, we thoughtfully handpick each strain and accessory to maximize your experience. Our Cannistas share inspiring insights, easy-to-follow advice and as much or as little education as you want, making your purchase simple and snappy.
You see all aspects of the retail cannabis sector as a big, beautiful puzzle that you can’t wait to assemble. As a Fire & Flower ambassador we are always looking for new members to join our team that are aligned with our mission to curate the world of cannabis for our customers. Every day we make history as we educate & break the stigma about cannabis in our communities across Canada.
All Fire & Flower ambassadors must possess:
- An ego-less, growth mindset that is focused on learning, education and reflecting in order to evolve skills & competencies by being a student of yourself.
- Ability to develop meaningful connection through creating relationships in the community with customers & peers based on a foundation of trust & teamwork.
- Adhere to all regulatory requirements by following processes and structure to ensure compliance.
- Proven experience being adaptable and nimble to remain resilient when the days are tough.
- Accepts personal accountability for actions, goals and performance.
- Ability to collaboratively challenge the status quo in order to innovate, improve and advance our world class organization.
As a Cannista, you will be the face of Fire & Flower in our shop! You will be responsible to strive for greatness as you as embrace cannabis culture! We live & breathe educating our customer, providing recommendations for strains and products and ultimately creating an unforgettable experience. If you’ve got a collaborative, whistle-while-you-work mentality, but you’re also serious about educating customers, sharing stories about your cannabis journey, and breaking the stigma then this might be the role you’ve been waiting for. We’re looking for candidates that possess a high drive for excellence, which to Fire & Flower means showing up as your perfectly imperfect self, consciously learning about new products and becoming a brand ambassador by sharing your wisdom with customers to help them navigate the wild world of cannabis!
The non-negotiables are:
- Able to effectively communicate with diverse customers and create meaningful connections
- Ambitious self-starter with killer organizational and time management abilities
- Able to strike up a conversation with anyone and be a brand ambassador
- Provide feedback & advice to others while maintaining a strong collaborative attitude
- Physically able to engage on the floor for eight hours a day with reasonable breaks
If you have a knack for retail excellence; everything from educating customers, engaging with your community and supporting your peers as we tackle educating Canadians about cannabis then apply today!
Fire & Flower values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Inclusion to us means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
- complete the provincial cannabis worker certification
- Pay Type Hourly
- 4205 Keele St #20, North York, ON M3J 3T8, Canada