Supervisor, Operations - Afternoon Shift
Why Cosmetica Laboratories:
We’re a custom cosmetic manufacturing company that has been trailblazing new industry innovations in beauty for over 30 years. With sustainability and advanced technology at the forefront of our operations, we develop and manufacture award-winning cosmetic and skincare products for the world’s most iconic brands. Let us bring your vision to life with expertly sourced clean ingredients and vegan formulations that make a positive impact on your business and the planet.
Cosmetica is recognized for innovation, excellence, and commercialization with award-winning products. From concept to creation, we offer an unparalleled array of services that will inspire, create and deliver every step of the way.
What are we looking for:
The Supervisor, Operations is accountable for leading a business unit for batch making and filling-packing operations. Supported by a Lead Hand and a team of Line Leaders, the Operations Supervisor will motivate and develop a unit to achieve the highest level of operational excellence.
What will you be doing:
Health and Safety
- Provide leadership to ensure safety and company policies are adhered to consistently and effectively.
- Review all infractions and process non-conformances.
- Initiate investigations and provide or implement preventive/corrective action for all safety non-conformances.
- Review day–to day activities to ensure all work is completed in a safe manner.
- Responsible and accountable for complying with Ontario Occupation Health and Safety Act, Cosmetica Health and Safety policies and Safe Work Instructions.
- Support the company’s commitment to continuous improvement through identifying and implementing ways to improve safety, quality, cost.
- Review flow of materials through operations to identify areas of waste
- Monitor and improve key operational metrics for Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Cost and on time delivery.
- Challenge the current processes to make them better.
- Participate in the development of business unit objectives and ensure their accomplishment.
- Facilitate the evolution of the culture to one of teamwork and increasing employee engagement
- Investigate product quality issues and product non-conformance issues in a timely manner and ensure corrective and preventive actions are in place.
- Monitor customer feedback through various channels and close any gaps in performance.
Coaching / Mentoring and Development
- Develop staff in support of company growth initiatives through coaching, training, performance management
- Provide strong leadership to the team that fosters personal development, interaction, participation and engagement.
- Manage people resources to effectively and efficiently meet departmental demands in the off-shifts.
- Conduct training of staff in regards to SOP’s, Work Instructions, GMP including any other initiative follow up training required to support personal and department skill levels.
- Responsible for the resolution of all employee issues within the unit with the involvement of the next level of management and human resources as required.
- Provide leadership in the business unit and maintaining positive relationships with the other Operation Supervisors and key business partners.
- Ensure department is professional and all work is performed in compliance with all regulatory requirements (GMP, safety, C&S) and company policies.
- Provide recommendations regarding procedural and organizational changes.
- Provide coverage for other business units during absences.
- Perform additional related duties as required.
What makes you a "glittering" candidate:
- Post-secondary education, Bachelor of Industrial Engineering/ Manufacturing Management degree, ideally Masters (and/or working towards) along with equivalent work experience within a manufacturing environment
- Min 3-5+ years in Operations Management within a manufacturing environment with a high understanding of production and organization flow
- Min 2+ years as a Team Leader or Supervisor conducting performance appraisals and serving as coach of a diverse team
- Proven track record in a fast paced, flexible, manufacturing environment demonstrating an ability to manage various production lines and resources while focusing on delivering continuous improvements.
- Strong leadership skills, must understand and apply high management standards, with a ‘can-do’ attitude to support the team in order to succeed
- Clear understanding of the Lean Manufacturing philosophy and continuous improvement mindset
- Dynamic personality that can multi-task, manage various tasks in short periods of time (hands on, take initiative)
- Problem solving mindset, process-oriented, specific to equipment and people process with the ability to make quick decisions
- Results oriented, with the ability to determine the best balance between quality and efficiency
- Proven analytical, problem solving, decision making skills
- Strong safety mindset
- Flexible attitude and ready to jump-in where needed to support other Supervisors
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in MsOffice (Excel, Outlook), ERP system (Visual, SAP) Quality mindset
What we Offer:
· Competitive pay, Group Benefits including Health Care, Dental & Vision
· Safety Shoes Allowance
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Gym Membership at discounted price
- Job Family S8
- Job Function Operations/Manufacturing
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 191 Ashtonbee Rd, Scarborough, ON M1L 2P1, Canada