Automation Technician II - Night Shift
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Automation Technician II will be responsible to lead & ensure the high efficiency and quality of multiple automation related equipment and work to ensure operation downtime is kept to a minimum along with routine production activities. The Automation Technician will contribute to the automation team by driving innovative solutions for continuous improvement and analysis of current state.
- Operates all equipment in accordance with SOPs, GMP and follows all safety procedures (PPE, emergency stops, guarding and lockouts) and ensure complete documentation and administration reports, including updating computerized production tracking system.
- Perform changeover on Automation equipment following Master Filling Packaging Specifications.
- Troubleshoot and repair process automation problems, equipment failures to ensure Production downtime is kept to a minimum, including root cause analysis.
- Work with the designated team/ person in design stage of processes both for start-up and current production projects.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, slowdowns, peak demands throughout the production process and directly intervene in the process to maintain a smooth flow to achieve output,
- Interpret the Overall Equipment Efficiency system to improve the processes.
- Integrate equipment on automated packaging lines.
- Continuously monitor and adjust the process based on upstream & downstream production needs
- Provide support to Automation team to perform periodical PLC and robotic program backup when needed.
- Work with vendors to understand & maintain current & new systems such as Vision & Robotic automated equipment
- Create training plans & documents and provide training to Automation & Machine operators to increase efficiency
- Plan and assign work to coworkers in an efficient method to minimize machine downtime & machine cleanliness while ensuring employee safety is maintained on multiple automated lines.
- Visually inspects product and components for obvious defects during the process, reporting any defect to the Quality Inspector.
- Participate in & lead meetings with supervisors, co-workers, and employees to plan upcoming activities and to update operations related projects
- Keeping work area organized and clean in accordance with the 5S principles.
- Work closely with maintenance team on any equipment related issues and improvements
Skills, Experience and Education Required:
- Highschool diploma or Equivalent is a must, experience in a similar role and/or post-Secondary education is an asset
- 3-4 years’ experience with Highschool diploma/ equivalent, 1-2 years experience required with Advanced diploma in related field
- Excellent mechanical & technical aptitude
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Team Oriented and self-directed
- Committed to Quality, Safety and Communication
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to coach and train employees & co-workers
- Ability & willingness to learn
- Flexible for Overtime
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of advanced PLC troubleshooting (Allan Bradley, Beckhoff, Siemens and Mitsubishi)
- Knowledge of robot systems (Fanuc, Deltas, Scaras) and Vision system (Cognex, Keyence)
- Understanding of HFFS, Cartoner or high-speed packaging an asset
- Back: Regular lifting or carrying loads (20 – 50 lbs)
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Job Function Operations/Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 1960 Eglinton Ave E, Scarborough, ON M1L 4R1, Canada