Automation Technician I - Day Shift
Reporting to the Operation supervisor, the Automation Technician will be responsible to ensure the high efficiency and quality of the automation related equipment and work to ensure operation downtime is kept to a minimum along with routine production activities. The Automation Technician I will contribute to the automation team by driving innovative solutions for continuous improvement & analysis of current state.
- Operates all equipment in accordance with SOPs, GMP and follows all safety procedures (PPE, emergency stops, guarding and lockouts) and ensure complete documentation and administration reports, including updating computerized production tracking system.
- Perform changeover on Automation equipment following Master Filling Packaging Specifications.
- Troubleshoot and repair process automation problems, equipment failures to ensure Production downtime is kept to a minimum, including root cause analysis.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, slowdowns, peak demands throughout the production process and directly intervene in the process to maintain a smooth flow to achieve output.
- Interpret the Overall Equipment Efficiency system to improve the processes.
- Work with the designated team/ person in design stage of processes both for start-up and current production projects.
- Continuously monitor and adjust the process based on upstream & downstream production needs
- Keeping work area organized and clean in accordance with the 5S principles.
- Perform regular autonomous maintenance activities.
- Provide training to operators to increase efficiency
- Visually inspects product and components for obvious defects during the process, reporting any defect to the Quality Inspector.
- Participate in meetings with supervisors, co-workers, and employees to plan upcoming activities and to update projects
- Operates other non- automated equipment as needed
Skills, Experience and Education Required:
- Highschool diploma or Equivalent is a must, experience in a similar role and/or post-Secondary education is an asset
- 1-2 years’ experience with Highschool diploma/ equivalent, little to no experience required with Advanced diploma in related field
- Team Oriented and self-directed
- Committed to Quality, Safety and Communication
- Good trouble shooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability & willingness to learn
- Flexible for Overtime
- Back: Regular lifting or carrying loads (20 – 50 lbs)
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Flexible for Overtime
- Job Function Operations/Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 1960 Eglinton Ave E, Scarborough, ON M1L 4R1, Canada