Weapons and Cosmetics 3D Generalist
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Weapons and Cosmetics 3D Generalist to join our team. You will be joining a small team of creative individuals responsible for creating not only weapons, but cosmetic items such as character accessories, various types of skins, and even the occasional ship or space jetpack for Warframe. We are a close-knit team that values communication and teamwork to deliver strong work.
You will be able to use whatever software you are comfortable with, and a strong understanding of AAA standard PBR and high/low poly asset creation methods is expected regardless of software used. However, proficiency in Zbrush and Adobe Substance Painter are strongly preferred. Concept art skills are not required, but a welcome extra. The ideal candidate will be passionate about video games and be able to adapt and have fun in our fast-paced environment, possessing strong problem-solving skills that allow you to work independently as well as with others.
- Collaborate with the Lead Artist in the creation of high and low poly models, textures, and materials for use as real-time, AAA standard game assets.
- Work from supplied concept art, with flexibility to contribute additional ideas.
- Communicate with other teams effectively, keeping animation, rigging, and other needs in mind during asset creation. Use appropriate geometry and texel density for a third-person shooter.
- Work in and adapt to a variety of art styles within Warframe, with the expectation that the game and its art styles will continue to change and evolve.
- Work efficiently, prioritize competing demands, and exhibit strong investigative and problem-solving skills when faced with challenges.
- Exceptional knowledge of the asset creation process (block-in, high and low poly, multi part baking, PBR texturing, etc).
- Exceptional understanding of technical highpoly modeling and organic sculpting techniques.
- Flexible skills that translate to different scales and subject matter (weapons, vehicles, character armor, etc): a 3D generalist with experience in the creation of many types of assets.
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, detail, and the principles of design in creating texture maps and materials. Next-gen level texturing skills.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new techniques and best practices as the game evolves.
- Self-motivated, good communication skills and the ability to integrate into a tight knit team.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in game development modeling and texturing weapons, equipment, props, vehicles, or characters.
- A university degree in visual arts with specialization in relevant fields, or relevant experience in game development.
- A true interest and enthusiasm for video games.
- A genuine passion for exploratory designs and creating unique, sometimes weird, visually striking pieces that stand out in the industry.
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a 3D artist specializing in equipment, weapons, or characters.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines: Illustration/concept art, animation, visual effects, or technical art.
- Maya/Max/Blender, Adobe Substance Painter, and Zbrush software proficiency.
- Familiar with Warframe and Digital Extremes' history.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II.
The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- London, ON, Canada