ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Associate Producer to join our team! As an Associate Producer, you will work closely with the Studio Manager, Senior Producers, and the entire Production team, overseeing and owning various aspects of production and development of Games as a Service PC and Console titles. You are proactive, organized and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You take pride in your ability to identify and solve problems in a timely manner. In addition, you have a good eye for detail, product quality, and end user experience. Bonus points if you have experience working on and submitting console titles!
- Assist the Producer with scheduling and task tracking for defined areas of the project
- Collaborate with the Producer and Team Members to establish realistic expectations for timelines, estimates and project deliverables
- Become an expert on the design and scope of the project to help manage and offer insightful solutions to fine-tune the development processes amongst the different departments
- Stay up-to-date on design changes through team communication and play testing
- Manage large aspects of game production as directed by the Producer
- Create and maintain project plans to track status and resource levelling
- Field day-to-day inquiries
- Facilitate team communication and ensure timely dissemination of information
- Prepare builds and documentation for certification submissions
- Build relationships and liaise with 1st party publishers
- Update and maintain the project’s Wiki pages, Basecamp, etc.
- Organize necessary meetings, special events, and team activities
- Assist with any team-related development tasks as necessary
- Facilitate and encourage productive team communication
- Operate effectively as a team leader and mentor, guide, coach, and provide feedback to team members in a positive constructive way
- Build a respectful, objective, encouraging atmosphere for ideas and creativity
- Manage conflict with team members in a confidential and professional manner
- Take an active role with the Producer and HR in recruiting the best talent for the team and working with the Producer to get new staff up to speed and paired with a mentor when they first start the job
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Production or Project Management in the video game industry (or other relevant experience)
- Ability to adapt to a range of situations & navigate interdependencies Familiarity with a variety of project management methodologies Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills An attentive, collaborative, and innovative spirit
- Ideally have shipped a minimum of 1 AAA game title in a project management role
- Console experience a plus
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II.
The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
- Job Family Management
- Job Function Dev
- Pay Type Salary
- London, ON, Canada