Coordinator, HCP Conferences (6-month contract)
A world free of the effects of diabetes is our vision. That’s why we’re working together to improve the quality of life of people living with diabetes. We’re sharing knowledge and creating connections for individuals and the health-care professionals who care for them; advocating through public policy; and funding research to improve treatments and find a cure to end diabetes.
Join our dedicated, talented Diabetes Canada team and together, #LetsEndDiabetes!
Contract Length: This role is a 6-month contract.
Flexible work arrangement policy in place, allows for hybrid environment and remote work. This role can be fully remote, accepting applications across Canada, if candidates are able to meet the needs of the immediate Ontario team.
This role includes, but not limited to:
- Organizes and compiles abstract submissions received for presentation at the conference and prepares abstracts for review process and once decisions are made, compiles for editing and publishing of abstract book, including compiling and sending confirmation letters to all accepted abstract recipients.
- Coordinates program planning with four conference co-chairs and their respective planning committees and organizes all requirements for Conference speakers and session chairs including sending invite letters, program information and confirmation letters to all confirmed speakers.
- Completes all needed paperwork to secure accreditation of professional conference by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons and for coordinating conference registration process for all attendees.
- Collates all required speaker and sponsor information and prepares information for review by Manager (registration package, conference syllabus, program overview and sponsor program booklet etc.).
- Tracks and submits for payment speaker and planning committee and conference invoices and expenses and answers any inquiry regarding conference registration, hotel, or general conference questions.
- Develops and authors guidelines for speaker and abstract presentations at the conference based on best practice research.
- Provides marketing support by assisting to write conference promotional material (including eblasts, social media posts, and website content).
The ideal candidate possesses:
- 2-3 + years progressive experience in planning education conference and events/logistics
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience with event technology platforms (Cadmium, vFairs, registration software)
- Maturity and displomacy to deal with different stakeholders when stewarding/managing relationships and for handling conflict and troubleshooting concerns
- Comfort dealing with multiples levels of employees, speakers/planning committees/presenters
- Strong communication skills and outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong writing and organization skills
- Excellent time management and priority management skills
What Diabetes Canada Can Offer You:
- A meaningful role, making a difference every day for people living with or at risk of diabetes.
- An entrepreneurial environment, working for a national organization where you feel valued, recognized, and rewarded.
- A high-performing, collaborative team environment with proven leadership and highly skilled colleagues and commitment to excellent work culture.
- Flexible work agreement policy in place allows employees to work regularly remote and/or hybrid schedule.
About the Application Process
If you are already on Diabetes Canada’s job posting site, click on the “Apply Now” button found at the bottom-left of this screen. You will be required to complete a very brief questionnaire and submit your résumé and covering letter.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diabetes Canada is not accepting recruitment agency/firm referrals.
Safe Place to Work - Diabetes Canada is committed to protecting the health and safety of our stakeholders and mitigating the risk of COVID-19 spread. A mandatory COVID-19 vaccination program is in place and provides direction on the conditions under which individuals are permitted to be employed with DC.
- Job Family Diabetes Canada
- Pay Type Hourly
- Ontario, Canada
- Toronto, ON, Canada