Environment and Remedial Works - Coordinator of Climate Change
Posting End Date: March 30, 2023
Location: To be Determined
The Coordinator of Climate Change is responsible for leading the Eeyou Istchee Climate Monitoring Project for a Resilient Future which includes monitoring, communication, research and management of projects related to this funding agreement. More specifically, this includes liaising with all pertinent internal and external parties to guarantee project advancement, proper management, and coordination with local governments.
- Coordinate the installation of climate stations as a pilot project in Eeyou Istchee.
- Perform a gap analysis of weather and climate data in Eeyou Istchee in collaboration with
- Meteorological Service Canada/ Environment and Climate Change Canada (MSC/ECCC).
- Develop a climate monitoring plan for Eeyou Istchee, encompassing the hydrometrics stations and meteorological stations as well as other types of relevant monitoring.
- Develop a youth awareness and educational program on climate change.
- Assist the Manager of Climate Change in designing projects and applying for new funding opportunities related to Climate change initiatives.
- Ensure communication between the local government and relevant partners.
- Keep up to date on all laws, regulations and directives related to climate change.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to create a database of climate change information for Eeyou Istchee.
- Manage the budget for the current climate change project and any new ones initiated.
- Provide advice, guidance, training, and support to communities in relation to the responsibilities at the local level for all matters relating to the Eeyou Istchee Climate Monitoring Project for a Resilient Future.
- Assist the Manager of Climate Change in providing technical support to the organization and local governments to evaluate needs for projects, the review of studies and the preparation and evaluation of technical documents required for the tendering process.
- Provide quarterly reports on the status of projects, as well as reports to the funding agency and present when needed.
- Oversee “the Eeyou Istchee Climate Monitoring Project for a Resilient Future“ budget. Coordinate the work of all professional services related to projects on an as-needed basis.
- Chair and facilitate meetings when needed and distribute minutes to project team members.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- Five to eight years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in project management in a northern context an asset
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in verbal Cree and French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of project management, climate change and northern issues.
- Good knowledge of available funding initiatives and procedures.
- Strong organizational and research skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Proven ability to problem-solve, to think analytically, and to take initiative.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work well independently.
- Proven success in maintaining strong communications and working relationships
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work under significant pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and GIS software (ArcGIS and/or other).
- Willingness to work both in an office setting and outside.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore mentioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $67,439.00
- Max Hiring Rate $90,031.00
- Job Start Date Monday, April 3, 2023
- Job End Date Friday, March 29, 2024
- Chisasibi, Nord-du-Québec, QC, Canada
- Mistissini, QC G0W 1C0, Canada
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Nemiscau, QC J0Y 3B0, Canada