Digital Broadcast Journalist - Global News Regina
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
Our culture and our people are what make us, US.
We have a passion to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Our award-winning culture is an expression of who we are, what we do, and how we thrive. Our values describe our culture in action. They outline how we achieve our goals, work together, engage with partners, and interact in our communities. At Corus, we Win Together, Think Beyond, Make it Happen, Learn Every Day and Show We Care.
Ready to join US?
Division: Global News Regina
Work Status: Full-Time
Location: Regina, SK (Onsite)
About the Role:
Global Regina is looking for two full-time Digital Broadcast Journalists to join their team! Reporting to the Managing Editor, the successful candidate would produce compelling, original content for TV, online, and other platforms. This role reaffirms our commitment to breaking news, community reporting, and digital-first approach to build the future of news. This role involves working a variety of shifts including early mornings, days, evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
You'll be working on things like:
- Shoot, write, voice and edit news stories for broadcast and online.
- Report and generate live hits for Global News
- Initiate and develop story and feature ideas through contact development, research and interviews.
- Demonstrate strong editorial, visual and communications skills.
- Work effectively under pressure with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Display highly developed production values and present yourself effectively live and on recordings.
- Other duties as required
If you have the following...we want to hear from you!
- Post-secondary education (or equivalent experience) in Journalism, Broadcasting or a related field.
- Previous experience as a journalist reporting and anchoring daily news and community events.
- Strong writing and storytelling skills.
- Strong editorial skills in shooting, editing, writing and producing video content
- Demonstrate strong news judgment in line with station objectives.
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system.
- Must be proficient in creating, curating and developing content using digital operating systems for multiple platforms.
- Familiarity with current state of online news reporting and where it’s headed.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and objectives.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must demonstrate accountability and teamwork.
- Must work well under pressure, possess a desire to be the best, have a positive can-do attitude.
- Be able to meet strict deadlines, and work co-operatively with others in a teamwork setting.
- Valid drivers license
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows as well as show a willingness to learn new online skills in a multi-faceted digital news operation.
Application Deadline: March 26, 2023
Every day, we work hard to become an even more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that supports the well-being of our people and makes a positive difference in our communities. Want to learn more? Have a look at our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Action Plan and Sustainability Report for more information on our approach to People, Planet and Responsibility.
We want our workforce to reflect the full diversity of communities across Canada.
We are committed to providing an accessible experience for candidates of all abilities. Please let your recruiter or the hiring manager know if you require any adjustments throughout the recruitment process or email us in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply: If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary