Morning News Anchor - Global News Regina
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
Our culture and our people are what make us, US.
We have a passion to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Our award-winning culture is an expression of who we are, what we do, and how we thrive. Our values describe our culture in action. They outline how we achieve our goals, work together, engage with partners, and interact in our communities. At Corus, we Win Together, Think Beyond, Make it Happen, Learn Every Day and Show We Care.
Ready to join US?
Division: Global News Regina
Work Status: Full time
Location: Regina, SK (Onsite)
About the Role:
Global Regina has an immediate opening for a Morning News Anchor based out of Regina. Reporting to the News Manager, the successful candidate will work early mornings Monday to Friday and evenings and weekends, when necessary.
You'll be working on things like:
- Accurately and clearly deliver news and provide compelling interviews during a 3-hour live newscast
- Generate original and relevant story ideas
- Participate in editorial meetings to identify content opportunities and story direction
- Chase, book, and interview guests
- Write strong scripts including headlines and promo material for television and digital platforms
- Write and post online news content for globalnews.ca
- Share online content on social media platforms
- Report on news stories and feature content
- Help build on the station’s strong community brand as well as your own personal connection to the community
- Participate in Global Regina community events and support community partners with coverage, interviews, and emceeing
- Perform other duties as required
If you have the following...we want to hear from you!
- Post-secondary Diploma/Degree in Journalism/Broadcasting or equivalent experience
- Experienced journalist with proven success reporting on and anchoring daily news and community events
- Proven news judgement and writing abilities
- Strong on-air presentation
- Experience working as a television news producer would be an asset
- Able to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Must work well under pressure, possess a desire to be the best and a can-do, positive attitude
- Be able to meet strict daily deadlines
- Have a valid driver’s license
Application Deadline: February 23, 2023
Every day, we work hard to become an even more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that supports the well-being of our people and makes a positive difference in our communities. Want to learn more? Have a look at our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Action Plan and Sustainability Report for more information on our approach to People, Planet and Responsibility.
We want our workforce to reflect the full diversity of communities across Canada.
We are committed to providing an accessible experience for candidates of all abilities. Please let your recruiter or the hiring manager know if you require any adjustments throughout the recruitment process or email us in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply: If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family PG-Programming
- Job Function 02-Media/Communications Creative & Design
- Pay Type Salary