On Air Contributor - Vancouver Radio (980 CKNW)
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Vancouver, BC (Onsite)
About the Role:
Reporting to the Executive Producer and Senior Program Director, you will be responsible for producing dynamic, interesting and informative locally-focused content for 980 CKNW. This position will require an individual with an insatiable curiosity to learn, a passion for current affairs and the ability to develop, produce and present entertaining and compelling talk radio segments.
You'll be working on things like:
Researching and developing original content for broadcast on CKNW’s weekday talkshows and other programs as needed
Telling stories that are relatable, relevant and engaging – based on knowing our editorial priorities and what drives conversation
Using the full toolbox of broadcast and news-gathering skills to provide a variety of approaches to new content
- Being informed, interesting, and accessible in your on-air performance
Telling stories for social and digital media audiences as well as broadcast audiences
- Crafting and sharing your point of view on the day’s news and current affairs stories – based on your strong working knowledge of the context behind the story, and backing up opinions with facts and personal experience
- Collaborating with the host, the producer, the board operator and others
Fill-in producing and hosting CKNW and network talk shows as needed
Liaising with newsroom colleagues to stay up to date on developing news stories. Covering stories while practicing ethical principles of journalism and adhering to CKNW’s brand guidelines.
Meeting and exceeding ratings expectations
- Other duties as required
If you have the following...we want to hear from you!
- 2-3 years of experience in news journalism or as an on-air radio personality required
- Proven record of on-air performance
- Self-starting attitude and the initiative to execute fresh, compelling radio that matters to the Lower Mainland audience
- Tenacious approach in convincing guests and news makers to be part of programming
- Enjoys finding new ways to approach stories and has strong storytelling skills
- Excellent organizational, communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong and solid interviewing skills
- Expertise in audio editing
- Creative, energetic, fun, outgoing, positive, friendly manner and team player
- Submit your resume with a link to your demo reel
- Application Deadline: November 27, 2022
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us, and our workplace pretty unique - and amazing.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family PG-Programming
- Job Function 02-Media/Communications Creative & Design
- Pay Type Salary