Maintenance Technician, Property Management (GTA)
Concert is continuing to grow in communities across Canada and we are looking for a talented professional to join the Concert Property Management team as a Maintenance Technician! Reporting directly to the Community Manager this role provides support in maintaining and operating at our residential properties to a standard that enhances curb appeal and resident satisfaction. This is a full-time live-in position and requires a varied technical skill set and the ability to work under varied conditions while upholding Concert’s high customer service brand.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct a daily inspection of all mechanical and electrical equipment located within the building including roof top equipment, sprinkler rooms and systems, elevator machine rooms, mechanical rooms and equipment, electrical rooms and electrical vault, and all and any other equipment.
- Clean building exterior grounds, sidewalks, parkade and loading bays to a first-class standard including removal of litter and leaves as directed. Power washing to be performed regularly and as required. Maintain first class operational and maintenance standards to enhance the property’s curb appeal and increase resident satisfaction.
- Assist with the preparation of suites on turnover to provide suites to new residents/prospective residents expeditiously and to a first-class standard.
- Maintain a daily logbook of activities, maintenance requests, emergencies etc.
- Update and maintain all necessary maintenance records, such as inspection reports, turnover sheets, and maintenance/contractor files both in paper and on the computer.
- Daily monitoring & respond to issues regarding the building automated systems (VVT/DDC).
- Identify and take action to address operational/maintenance deficiencies as well as exterior and interior property damage. Liaise with contractors as necessary.
- Assist with the monitoring and maintaining access systems including timed events, access card activations, cancellations, etc.
- Coordinate & supervise preventative maintenance of all building equipment & systems (HVAC, Electrical, Fire & Life Safety, Elevators, etc.) including supervision and control of contractors and sub-trades working on the property.
- Perform all hands-on housekeeping, repair and maintenance services to the common areas & washrooms, tenant suites, building exterior, walkways, parking areas, service rooms, etc. in order to maintain a first-class appearance.
- Daily removal of bins from the compactor.
- Minor plumbing repairs such as change and repair taps, unplug drains and toilets, replace flush valves, repair hose bibs, change cartridges, isolate pipe leaks etc. Identify major issues requiring the attention of a contractor.
- Minor electrical repairs such as change light switches, and electrical outlets, install a light fixture, change a ballast (120 Volt only) etc., if licensed. Contact electricians as required.
- Minor drywall repairs and painting; repair grout in bathrooms and kitchens; remove and replace kitchen and bathroom counters.
- Replace locks on doors, change door handles, and repair or replace door closers.
- Installation of interior suite, closet, balcony and suite entry doors and window blinds as required.
- Test emergency generator once every month and complete emergency generator log sheet. Co-ordinate bi-annual maintenance of generator and monitor fuel storage tanks.
- Participate in the fire and life safety operations and procedures.
- Maintain inventory of washroom/paper, lighting, plumbing supplies and other maintenance items and re-order with the Resident Services Manager’s or Community Manager’s approval.
- Assist with inspections all vacant units. Make note of any required cleaning or damage and have it taken care of.
- Monitor activities of landscape contractors. Ensure the landscape irrigation is working properly during the Spring & Summer and arrange for annual start-up in the Spring and shut-down in the Fall.
- Conduct a weekly inspection of each roof and all the roof drains as required to ensure that the drains are not blocked by leaves, debris, ice or snow.
- Distribution of ice melt and snow removal as required to entrances and sidewalks.
- Ensure on a daily basis that the City curbs/gutters surrounding the buildings are in a clean condition, removing debris as required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to physically carry out duties of a maintenance technician
- Must have good oral and written English skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines
- Basic computer skills: use of Outlook, Word and Excel and smart phone operations
- Knowledge of governing legislation such as the Residential Tenancy Act, Building Code, Fire Code and Occupational Health and Safety
- Valid G Driver's Licence
Qualifications or Experience in the following would be preferred:
- Operation of Direct Digital Controls and Building Access Systems (BAS)
- BES 1 & 2 Certification or enrollment
- BOMI Education Canada SMC & BEC Certification or enrollment
Please note this is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this role.
Join the Concert Team in building a people-first future.
Concert is proud to have been named one of BC’s Top Employer for 2022!
We are a proud Canadian company, providing quality employment across the country and working together with the people we serve to realize our vision – building resilient, inclusive, sustainable committees. Our success is based on our employees – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. We truly value our team members and offer competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits and perk programs that support and promote employee health and wellness.
At Concert, we value diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds perspectives and skills. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.
- Job Family Concert
- Toronto, ON, Canada