Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - IST
This role reports to the Manager, IT Infrastructure for all IT Infrastructure including on-prem, cloud, network, IoT and telecommunications services. Successful candidates need a passion for keeping up to date in all aspects of technology infrastructure, security practices, want to work as part of a solution team, and possess excellent communication skills.
The right candidate needs to be detail oriented, organized and able to prioritize maintaining a stable and secure multi-cloud environment. The role will also work with solution teams to design and maintain the latest in smart building IoT, cloud and network infrastructure to connect buildings and staff into an intelligent portfolio of automated operations and connected community services.
- Work with the IT infrastructure team to implement and maintain a multi-cloud environment including physical & virtual servers, cloud systems/services, operating systems, network hardware and IP telecommunications services.
- Ensure the availability, security and reliability of our infrastructure environment, including servers, storage, backup, cloud systems/services and communications.
- Providing technical support and guidance to technical support specialists and work with vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Manage documentation of the infrastructure environment and assist with licensing reviews.
- Assist in planning and scaling the infrastructure environment to meet the needs of the company, though researching, evaluating, and recommending cloud and network hardware and software products and services.
- Participating in on-call rotation and off-hours maintenance windows and activities
- Assist with updates, functionality testing, backup and recovery testing.
- Work with team members, consultants and vendors to ensure compliance to service levels, security standards and issue resolution
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Industry accredited certifications in enterprise technologies.
- Experience with LAN, WAN and virtual networking infrastructure design, cloud connectivity and security. Specifically Cisco AnyConnect, Meraki and Juniper hardware and Azure and AWS cloud networking and monitoring via Solarwinds.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure services (workloads, security, networking, backups, update management) and Amazon Web Services (EC2 (web server) + Route53 (DNS service), web hosting)
- Experience with Microsoft O365 services: Exchange, SharePoint, Skype for Business, Teams, OneDrive, ADFS federation, Enterprise Mobility Suite, Security and Compliance
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Infrastructure Services (ie. PKI, NPS, Federation), SQL Server, Multi-Forest Consolidation, Backup & Recovery, Hyper-V, Scripting (PowerShell), Intune management.
- Working knowledge of administering and implementing best of breed security tools, such as Azure identity and access management, endpoint monitoring, threat detection and response, e-mail filtration.
- Experience with building operating technology and working in the property management or construction verticals would be an asset.
- Experience troubleshooting and solving problems in a complex environment.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work efficiently as a part of a team and independently.
Concert is proud to have been named one of BC’s Top Employer for 2022!
We are a proud Canadian company, providing quality employment across the country and working together with the people we serve to realize our vision – building resilient, inclusive, sustainable committees. Our success is based on our employees – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. We truly value our team members and offer competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits and perk programs that support and promote employee health and wellness.
At Concert, we value diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds perspectives and skills. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.
- Job Family Concert
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada