Property Accountant, Income Producing Properties (IPP) Accounting
We are looking for a Property Accountant to join Concert’s Toronto Accounting team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting for a mix of office and industrial as well as residential assets.
Responsibilities include full-cycle accounting, preparing financial statements, reviewing results, and supporting the operations group for a portfolio of properties. We are looking for someone who has a strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills and the ability to multitask. Experience working in the real estate industry in commercial and/or residential is an asset.
What you’ll be doing:
- All aspects of the monthly accounting entries for a portfolio of properties.
- Calculation of the annual cost recoveries and adjustment billings to tenants.
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements for accuracy, consistency, and completeness.
- Prepare monthly rent billing and electronic pre-authorized rent payment transfers, analyze outstanding arrears reports.
- Have knowledge of depositing, recording, and reconciling the cheques applicable to multiple properties, and leasing commissions fees (payables and receivables).
- Prepare the Monthly and Quarterly Financial Statements packages.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, accounting memos and analysis of portfolios.
- Follow internal controls and accounting policies and procedures.
- Work directly with property management to create and analyze budgets, accruals, cash flows and forecasts.
- Participate in the evaluation of existing processes to improve and enhance efficiency; display pro-active thinking skills.
- Ensure consistency of processes and procedures for own portfolio of both residential and commercial properties.
- Support and provide back-up for the team (vacation, sick coverage, etc.).
- Participate in the maintenance of a supportive, teamwork-oriented environment.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in Property Accounting, ideally with an emphasis in commercial property accounting.
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma is an asset but not necessary.
- Knowledge in Yardi Voyager (preferably 7S version) is an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across different departments and time zones.
- Stays calm under pressure and acts professional in stressful situations.
- Independent, initiative-taker who also works well in a team.
- Ability to adapt and manage a variety of tasks in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently with a team of accountants located in both Vancouver at the Head Office and Toronto office
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
Join the Concert Team in building a people-first future.
Concert is proud to have been named one of BC’s Top Employer for 2022!
We are a proud Canadian company, providing quality employment across the country and working together with the people we serve to realize our vision – building resilient, inclusive, sustainable committees. Our success is based on our employees – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. We truly value our team members and offer competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits and perk programs that support and promote employee health and wellness.
At Concert, we value diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds perspectives and skills. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.
- Job Family Concert
- 20 Wellington St E, Toronto, ON M5E 1C5, Canada