Commercial Maintenance Technician, Property Management
Concert is continuing to grow in communities across Canada and we are looking for a talented professional to join the Concert Property Management team as a Commercial Maintenance Technician!
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for hands-on day to day maintenance and general upkeep of specified commercial properties within Concert’s portfolio in Toronto and the GTA. Working with the Operations team including Property Managers, the Commercial Maintenance Technician will also provide assistance, guidance and problem solving to contracted employees to ensure the efficient and cost-effective completion of repairs and maintenance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee and complete preventive, routine and emergency maintenance and work orders as necessary.
- Review work schedules prioritizing work orders. Respond to tenant and resident service requests.
- Minor electrical repairs such as change various types of light bulbs, light switches, electrical outlets, and install light fixtures, change electrical ballasts.
- Minor plumbing repairs such as change and repair of faucets, toilets and associated piping, unplug drains and service various plumbing components.
- Replace locks on doors, change door handles, and repair or replace door closers.
- Carry out minor drywall repairs and plaster work, painting and minor millwork repair and replacement.
- Ensure the condition and cleanliness of entire site, common areas, roof, exterior building, garbage areas etc.
- Litter pick-up, garbage removal, general maintenance and upkeep of the property.
- Ensure records, files and documentation are maintained accurately and timely in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance work on various equipment.
- Oversee quality and efficiency of work for both staff and contractors. Accompany vendors and contractors while work is being completed if required.
- Assist with inspection of all buildings including: lighting, mechanical rooms, janitor rooms, electrical rooms, telephone rooms, sprinkler rooms, lobbies, elevators, and all entrance doors. Ensure deficiencies are corrected as required in a timely manner.
- Respond to emergencies during business hours and participate in the rotation of Concert On-Call after hours services, as required.
- Assist with emergency situations as communicated by the Operations Manager and/or Property Manager, and complete incident reports in detail for all break-ins, property damage, fires or floods.
- Provide holiday and other absence coverage and perform the scope of work that is required.
- Assist with OH&S inspections, training and attend meetings.
- Assist with procurement of supplies and services as required for site operations.
- Assist with Sustainability measures as required for site operations.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- High school diploma supplemented with post-secondary courses. WHMIS and/or First Aid training. BES, SMC, BEC Certifications or enrollment considered an asset.
- Ability to physically carry out duties of a maintenance technician which may require heavy lifting.
- Two (2) years experience in all areas of building operations, including mechanical, fire and safety, electrical and HVAC systems. General building construction knowledge and experience. Able to read and review construction drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written in English, superior ability to develop and sustain cooperating working relationships with staff, contractors, the public and especially tenants.
- Ability to allocate one’s time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adapt to new ideas and constant changes.
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and smart phone operations
- Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and a clean driving record.
- A criminal verification check is required for employment.
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
Join the Concert Team in building a people-first future.
Concert is proud to have been named one of BC’s Top Employer for 2022!
We are a proud Canadian company, providing quality employment across the country and working together with the people we serve to realize our vision – building resilient, inclusive, sustainable committees. Our success is based on our employees – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. We truly value our team members and offer competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits and perk programs that support and promote employee health and wellness.
At Concert, we value diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds perspectives and skills. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.
- Job Family Concert
- 201 County Ct Blvd, Brampton, ON L6W 4L2, Canada