Human Resources Manager (People Experience)
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the People Experience Team as a People Experience Manager. You will be working collaboratively with the team to provide support to the organization in a variety Human Resources functions.
Reporting to the Director, People Experience the People Experience Manager will be responsible for helping the team plan and deliver on important functions, such as staffing, employee relations, training and development, and compensation and benefits. We have some exciting projects as we continue our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and you will be a contributor to our continued focus on wellness and employee experience at Concert Properties.
Please note this position is anticipated to be 18-20 months contract in duration to backfill during a maternity/parental leave.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a key contact to employees and managers for People Experience related matters.
- Partner with business leaders to manage day-to-day HR matters such as performance management, investigation, terminations, reporting and compliance.
- Partner with hiring managers to recruit and onboard new employees to the organization.
- Continually explore opportunities to design and deliver company programs that connect our employee community.
- Manage, Design and deliver policy and procedure enhancements across the organization.
- Keep up to date with current Employment Standards, Human Rights and other legislations, and ensure organizational compliance.
- Partner with the Payroll Manager to ensure cross-departmental work processes are efficient.
- Extract and utilize data to inform on the effectiveness of current employee programs as well as completing survey submissions to support best practices.
- Oversee the management of third-party service agreements as required.
- Provide guidance and leadership to other department team members in their daily work.
- Support the company’s commitment to a safe work environment by being a member of OHS Group and accountable for addressing any outstanding issues in partnership with other departments.
- Oversee the Office Services department.
- You like to build connections in a community and are always striving to bring people together.
- You have the unique ability to balance the importance of people, policies and processes and enjoy being the go-to person for employee and manager queries.
- You are a self-starter that likes to explore opportunities when you see them.
- Have an eye for detail and can work effectively with data in excel and other formats.
- You are comfortable starting new work and have experience delivering quality programs.
- You know the ups and downs of hiring top talent and can self-manage the recruitment of multiple roles as a part of your day-to-day work.
- You are excited to learn new things and don’t mind getting deep into the work to achieve a collective goal.
- Have demonstrated ability to uphold confidentiality and manage sensitive situations with respect.
- Are strong in using Microsoft Power Point, Excel and Word skills.
- Can prioritize a fluctuation workload and manage competing demands with a positive attitude.
- Commitment to customer service and collaboration is a must.
- Have a minimum 7 years of progressive experience.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working in with Ceridian Dayforce.
- Extensive knowledge in the realm of Employment Standards, Human Rights and Safe Work practices.
- Diploma or certificate in Human Resources Management.
Join the Concert Team in building a people-first future.
Concert is proud to have been named one of BC’s Top Employer for third year running!
We are a proud Canadian company, providing quality employment across the country and working together with the people we serve to realize our vision – building resilient, inclusive, sustainable committees. Our success is based on our employees – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back.
We truly value our team members and offer competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits and perk programs that support and promote employee health and wellness. At Concert, we value diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds perspectives and skills. We welcome applications from all qualified jobseekers.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.
- Job Family Concert
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada