Coast Hotels is a dynamic and growing brand. Our culture is rooted in our values, leadership accountability, and the growth and development of our Ambassadors.
The Banquet Captain will contribute to the overall success of the hotel by providing superior customer service to the banquet and catering function within the Food & Beverage operations. This role will oversee the work of others within the banquet and catering area during specific shifts.
Business & Operational Leadership
• Planning, coordinating, and directing the food, beverage, meeting, and audio visual services for a specific event within a property; handling any guest concerns or complaints; playing a supervisory role in the handling of cash, cheques, credit and debit card transactions, cash floats and bar inventory control
• Providing customer service through the completion of routine duties and tasks such as taking, relaying, and serving food and/or beverage orders, providing food and/or beverage product knowledge, managing reservations, handling cash, cheques, credit and debit card transactions in accordance with Hotel Policies
• Effectively communicating goals to the team members
• Demonstrating a superior customer service attitude with internal/external contacts
• Checking on guest satisfaction and following up on requests where possible and appropriate
• Ensuring team members deliver excellent guest service aligned with company policies and brand promises; removing barriers to delivering exceptional guest services
•Setting-up/taking-down of events in accordance with Banquet Event Orders (BEOs)
•Adhering to quality and industry standards when completing tasks
•Ensuring the safety and security of the property, the ambassadors and guests when completing tasks
•Fostering an environment that is motivating and engaging by being visible and accessible, providing open access for ambassadors to build rapport, discuss issues and resolve concerns
People & Culture Leadership
•Connecting with and engaging Ambassadors in their work
•Overseeing the work of others during a specific shift, including delegating workflow, motivating and providing guidance to team members for the achievement of specific end results, and following up on internal/external inquires where possible.
•Other duties as required
•Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Hospitality or equivalent combination of education and experience
•Industry-specific certifications such as FOODSAFE and Serving It Right/Pro-Serve are mandatory
•Hepatitis A vaccination is mandatory
•Cash handling experience an asset
•Professional attitude and appearance
•Ability to lead others, and strong time management and organizational skills
•Advanced knowledge of health and safety regulations
•Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
•Ability to multi-task and high attention to detail
•Exemplifies Coast's Core Values and enjoys working in a culture of accountability
• Able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
Coast Hotels would like to thank all interested applicants
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
NO PLACE LIKE COAST !
- Pay Type Hourly
- Coast Prince George Hotel by APA, 770 Brunswick St, Prince George, British Columbia, Canada