First Cook (1st Cook) - Blue Crab Seafood House
Coast Hotels is a dynamic and growing brand. Our culture is rooted in our values, leadership accountability, and the growth and development of our Ambassadors.
The First Cook contributes to the Hotel's overall success by assisting in food preparation, providing superior customer service and specialized culinary services. This role is responsible for maintaining a positive work environment and high internal/external customer service standards.
We offer a benefits program as unique as you are!
- Earn competitive wages.
- Paid extended medical and dental benefits.
- Enjoy generous employee discounts on rooms and meals.
- Get recognized and earn gift cards for outstanding performance with programs such as Ambassador of the Month and Coast Kudos.
- Celebrate Ambassador birthdays, anniversaries and life milestones with us.
- Complimentary Staff Parking.
- Performs moderately complex tasks in area of specialty, such as assisting others to ensure the timely completion of orders and assisting with menu development.
- Works a variety of shifts & stations.
- Ensures food preparation and service delivery standards are consistently achieved and maintained.
- Ensures quality, quantity and presentation of all food prepared, meeting the Coast Hotels standards for freshness, appearance and consistency.
- Ensures correct daily requisitioning, receiving, storage and rotation of “mise en place”.
- Prepares, cooks and presents food as outlined in the menu descriptions, build sheets, photos, and/or Server’s checks.
- Is committed to working safely, including adherence to food safety regulations, hygiene and cleanliness.
- Ensures the security and control of all food stocks used in the Kitchen to ensure minimum food wastage.
- Directs and assists junior culinary ambassadors.
- Other duties as assigned by the Culinary leadership team.
- Minimum of 3 years of 2nd cook experience or equivalent.
- Successful completion of high school, with a commitment to obtaining the Inter-Provincial Trade Qualifications.
- The following certifications are required: Food Safe Level I, WHMIS.
- Hepatitis A and Covid 19 vaccinations are strongly recommended.
- Self-motivated team player with demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, multi-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated advanced customer service philosophy.
- Advanced communication skills in the English language.
- Able to meet physical demands of the position, including standing for long period of time, bending and lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, which includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
Coast Hotels would like to thank all interested applicants
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
NO PLACE LIKE COAST !
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $24.32
- Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA, 146 Kingston St, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada