Second Cook (2nd Cook)
Coast Hotels is a dynamic and growing brand. Our culture is rooted in our values, leadership accountability, and the growth and development of our Ambassadors.
The 2nd Cook contributes to the overall success of the hotel by assisting in food preparation, providing superior customer service and specialized services for the culinary department. This role is responsible for maintaining a positive work environment and high internal/external customer service standards.
We offer a benefits program as unique as you are!
- Earn competitive wages.
- Paid extended medical and dental benefits.
- Enjoy generous employee discounts on rooms and meals.
- Get recognized and earn gift cards for outstanding performance with programs such as Ambassador of the Month and Coast Kudos.
- Celebrate Ambassador birthdays, anniversaries and life milestones with us.
- Complimentary parking.
- Working a variety of shifts & stations.
- Ensuring food preparation and service delivery standards are consistently achieved and maintained.
- Ensuring quality, quantity and presentation of all food prepared, meeting the Coast Hotels high standards for freshness, appearance and consistency.
- Ensuring correct daily requisitioning, receiving, storage and rotation of “mise en place”.
- Preparing, cooking and presenting food as outlined in the menu descriptions, build sheets, photos, and/or Server’s checks.
- Commitment to safe working conditions, including adherence to food safety regulations, hygiene and cleanliness.
- Ensuring the security and control of all food stocks used in the kitchen to ensure minimum food wastage.
- Carrying out other duties as required and assigned by the Culinary leadership team.
- Successful high school completion with a commitment to obtaining the Inter-Provincial Trade Qualifications.
- Required certifications: Food Safe Level I, WHMIS.
- Hepatitis A and Covid 19 vaccinations are strongly recommended.
- Self-motivated team player with demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, multi-functional team environment.
- Good communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position, including standing for long period of time, bending and lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Detail-oriented with good time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Knowledge of food preparation, cooking, and presentation.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Coast Hotels would like to thank all interested applicants
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
NO PLACE LIKE COAST !
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $23.29
- Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA, 146 Kingston St, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada