Room Attendant, Part-Time/Casual
Coast Hotels is a dynamic and growing brand. Our culture is rooted in our values, leadership accountability, and the growth and development of our Ambassadors.
The Room Attendant will contribute to the overall success of the hotel by ensuring that the Coast Hotels cleanliness and hygiene standards are consistently met for all guest room and public areas of the Hotel. This position will also be responsible for maintaining a positive work environment in the housekeeping area while maintaining high internal/external customer service standards.
We offer a benefits program as unique as you are!
- Earn competitive wages.
- Paid extended medical, dental benefit (dependent on hours).
- Enjoy generous employee discounts on rooms and meals.
- Get recognized and earn gift cards for outstanding performance with programs such as Ambassador of the Month and Coast Kudos.
- Celebrate Ambassador birthdays, anniversaries and life milestones with us.
- Complimentary Ambassador parking.
- Reviews room assignments with the Housekeeping Supervisor at the beginning of every shift.
- Makes sure that the housekeeping cart is fully supplied at the beginning and end of each shift, and that all needed supplies and equipment are in good working order.
- Inspects the appearance of each assigned guest room and notifies the Housekeeping Supervisor of any damage, malfunctions or discrepancies.
- Cleans guest rooms according to Coast Hotels guidelines and practices.
- Strips and changes linens in assigned guest rooms making sure they are presented in line with Coast Hotels brand standards.
- Cleans the bathrooms and makes sure that all room amenities and supplies are stocked, clean and placed neatly.
- Turns in all lost & found items to the Housekeeping Office immediately upon leaving an assigned floor.
- Sorts recyclable items according to Coast Hotels recycling program guidelines.
- Maintain a welcoming and friendly environment for guests and fellow ambassadors.
- Other duties as required and assigned by the Executive Housekeeper.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Is committed to working safely, including adherence to safety regulations, hygiene and cleanliness.
- Attention to detail: working carefully to make sure nothing is missed.
- Time management & Multi-tasking: Able to perform a variety of different tasks, making sure to keep on track to complete all assigned rooms for each day.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift, push and pull a minimum of 40 pounds, to stand and/or walk for an extended period of time, ability to stoop, kneel and reach, or perform repetitive foot and hand action, and the ability to bend at the waist.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work with a digital ticketing system to inform other departments of guest or hotel needs.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, which includes weekends and holidays.
- Prior hotel experience an asset but not a requirement.
Coast Hotels would like to thank all interested applicants
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
NO PLACE LIKE COAST !
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $21.22
- Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA, 146 Kingston St, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada