Events & Conference Services Manager (Dual Property)- Marriott on the Falls
Located on the brink of one of the world’s greatest natural wonders, the Marriott on the Falls Hotel and Conference Centre and Marriott Fallsview Hotel and Spa are minutes away from area attractions, world-class wineries, golf and casinos. With 404 guest rooms and suites, Marriott on the Falls Hotel and Conference Centre offers exceptional guest room accommodations, sumptuous dining options at its on-site Milestones Fallsview Restaurant, over 40,000 square feet in meeting space, and much more. With 432 Fallsview guest rooms, the Marriott Fallsview Hotel and Spa offers fine dining at the Morton’s Grille Restaurant, the luxurious full-service Serenity Spa, Magnificent Tours, and over 7,550 square feet of venue meeting space. Whether our guests are traveling on business or taking a much-needed vacation, our mission is to always exceed the expectations of our guests.
Join our Dynamic and Professional Talented Events & Conference Team!
We are seeking a talented and experienced Events and Conference Service Manager who is dedicated to creating memorable experiences unique to every guest through sharing of ideas, exploring creativity and who are enthusiastic about joining a dynamic team! We empower our employees to be themselves and to become masters of their craft.
As an Events and Conference Services Manager, you will be primarily responsible for all aspects of upcoming large and complex events and conference groups. Reporting to the Director of Events and Conference Services, responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist and support the Events and Conference Services Department in the execution of the BEO directives by ensuring all contractual agreements pertaining to guest room blocks, meeting space, off, food and beverage are fulfilled.
- Work with Event Operations team to ensure guest needs are met or exceeded from beginning to end of service experience from the greeting from Event Services team, food and beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests to invitation to return.
- Facilitates various meetings as necessary (Banquet Event Order meeting, pre-cons etc.)
- Work closely with Group Sales to sell menus, which meet the client’s needs and maximize revenue.
- Partners with the Sales team to assist with the sales and turnover and problems resolution.
- Meet with clients to work the details of their functions. Escort clients through the properties and highlight features of facility as well as available services/amenities.
- Acts as a liaison between Hotels and groups, ensuring timely guest communication and professional guidance during planning stages, meeting space is appropriately set up, and handling any special client requests seamlessly to ensure the highest quality of guest service and complete guest satisfaction.
- Maintain regular daily contact with the Operations Team related to timing and general review of the information of all rooms, events and functions.
- Ensures continued communication with the client(s) upon arrival at property, as well as throughout the duration of the meeting.
- Detail, plan, and organize events that have guest room and event space components.
- Creates opportunities to maximize revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
- Prepare group resumes and appropriate documentation specific to each group – e.g. BEOs, group resume’s and other established forms of communicating group & events detail
- Maintain and increase guest satisfaction scores by ensuring prompt, courteous and proper service.
- Establish and maintain relationships with client base to encourage re-booking of events.
- Ensure contract specifications are met including but not limited to payment, reservation procedures and all program activities.
- Inputs and maintains group information in CI/TY and assist in maintaining physical condition of the meeting space areas.
- Responsible for contacting clients, preparing all event documentation, and ensure events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and ensuring accuracy.
- Coordinates with sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high-level service throughout the pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events. Ensures a seamless turnover from sales to events and conference services.
- Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
- Adheres to all Marriott and company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
What You Bring;
- You have 3- 5 years of a catering sales experience in a comparable hotel or event facility and minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience in Events/Conference Management.
- At least 2 years of leadership/management experience in a similar or related field.
- Degree/Diploma from an accredited University/College with emphasis on Hotel Management, Business Administration, Marketing or Communications preferred.
- You are an individual with great sales savvy.
- Extensive knowledge of food and beverage etiquette, guest relations and service standards.
- Knowledge of current industry trends and the competitive set.
- Ability to analyze client needs and negotiate pricing and client requests.
- Polished, professional, friendly, engaging and knowledgeable personality during all interactions with all Clients; and models exceptional service and leadership skills among your team.
- Poised under pressure and maintain a highly diplomatic attitude with challenging guests and under stressful circumstances
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist others within the department when needed.
- Organized, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Strong knowledge of sales/negotiation/closing process.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service orientated manner.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Must be able to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Flexibility with schedules, including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Marriott Niagara Falls Hotels are an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Pay Type Salary
- Marriott On The Falls, 6755 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada