Ski Patrol 2022/2023
Position Title: Ski Patrol (Seasonal)
Reports to: Director, Operations
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities and events
Job Summary: A Ski Patrol assists in the overall management of slopes, trails and base areas at Chicopee. Overseeing the property and ensuring members and customers are behaving responsibly and providing first aid and transportation to those who need help.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary certifications.
- Ensure the safety of our guests.
- Required to be punctual and adhere to the uniform requirements of the position.
- Required to attend pre-season department training and corporate training.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demands of operations.
- Educate guests and staff in accident prevention, rules, and regulations, and on proper use of equipment.
- Respond to accidents and participate in investigations.
- Maintain first aid room, equipment, and patrol specific equipment.
- Monitor trails and slopes.
- Enforce the Alpine Responsibility Code.
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs) comfortably.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Has a CSP certificate and/or an advanced first aid course that is recognized by the Federal Government and Ontario Government.
- Required to recertify first aid accreditation every year by taking a refresher course (16 hours) and pass a written, skills and a diagnostic exam.
- Bilingual is an asset.
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Purchase/own your own black (no logo) snow pants.
- Provide your own CSA Z263.1, ASTM F2040, EN 1077, or Snell RS 98 (Health Canada standards) approved ski/snowboard helmet.
- Provide your own uniform items in compliance with our uniform policy.
- You have the following certifications: CSP
- Having following certification will be considered an asset: CSIA or CASI
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- You have a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC), if you are 18+ years of age.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Monday, November 21, 2022
- Job End Date Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada