Position Title: Snowmaker
Reports to: Director, Operations
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities and events
Job Summary: This individual is involved with operating and using all equipment designed to manufacture artificial snow in a safe and responsible manner. This individual will be responsible for the grounds-keeping of the Chicopee property to ensure it is in working order for the members and customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary certifications.
- Ensure the safety of our guests.
- Required to be punctual and adhere to the uniform requirements of the position.
- Required to attend pre-season department training and corporate training.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demands of operations.
- Responsible to adhere to all safety regulations while dealing with pressurized systems as well as other related equipment.
- Responsible for performing and maintaining all safety checks and complete start-up and shut down operational procedures.
- Responsible for the safety and safe use of all snowmobiles during entire shift.
- Accountable for the snowmobile during your shift.
- Required to demonstrate snowmobiling/track vehicle ability and safety.
- Required to maintain care for tools, perform equipment checks and monitor systems.
- Responsible to remain alert and report unusual occurrences to management.
- Required to trouble shoot and repair minor equipment problems.
- Required to perform any outside maintenance that is needed.
- Required to maintain the exterior of the building (painting, washing, and repairing where needed).
- Assist in the snow removal around the property.
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs) comfortably.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Mechanically inclined an asset.
- Possess valid “G” License.
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Provide your own uniform in compliance with our uniform policy.
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Monday, November 21, 2022
- Job End Date Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada