Position Title: Groomer (Seasonal)
Reports to: Director, Operations
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities, and events!
Job Summary: This individual will operate a grooming machine and be responsible for grooming the terrain park and all runs. They may be required to do snow removal on the property. This individual must be able and willing to work night shift.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing and maintaining all safety checks and complying with operational procedures on equipment.
- Complete pre-shift inspections and pre-shift maintenance, per Operators Log.
- Responsible for all grooming activities for hill maintenance in the winter months, as directed.
- Operate grooming machines and motorized equipment.
- Required to maintain intercom communication and use radios for contact and emergencies.
- Required to review and ensure the completion of operating records and inspection forms and reports.
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demands of operations.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
- Able to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Possess valid ‘G’ driver’s license.
- Able to repeatedly lift 22.68 kg (50 lbs) comfortably.
- Able to remain stationary for extended periods of time while driving.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Must have heavy machine operating experience.
- Must have good mechanical knowledge, and operating knowledge of equipment and systems (ex: hydraulics, hydrostatics and implements).
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will need to be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Job Start Date Monday, November 21, 2022
- Job End Date Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada