Supervisor, Lifts 2022/2023
Position Title: Supervisor, Lifts (Seasonal)
Reports to: Director, Operations
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities, and events
Job Summary: This position requires the individual to educate, supervise, and troubleshoot issues that arise with the lift attendants. Using their extensive knowledge of the lifts and their maintenance, the individual will provide training and scheduled checks on levels of the lifts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary certifications.
- Ensure the safety of our guests.
- Required to be punctual and adhere to the uniform requirements of the position.
- Required to attend pre-season department training and corporate training.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demands of operations.
- Required to supervise all lifts and Lift Operators/Attendants during their shift.
- Required to train the Lift Operators/Attendants on the safe operating of the lift.
- Required to perform scheduled operational checks on the lifts.
- Required to perform opening procedures on opening shifts, and the safe closing of lifts on closing shifts.
- Required to cover breaks for lift attendants.
- Coordinate the set-up and take-down of all on-hill signage.
- Trained on both lift evacuations and auxiliary motors.
- Required to drive a snowmobile.
- Required to be aware of any endangerment on the hill or the potential for something to become dangerous and to take appropriate action to reduce or eliminate the threat.
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs) comfortably.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Problem solving skills are a must.
- Valid “G” license.
- Previous experience in a supervisory or mechanical role is an asset.
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Provide your own DOT approved snowmobile helmet and goggles.
- Provide your own uniform in compliance with our uniform policy.
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- You are 16+ years of age.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Monday, November 21, 2022
- Job End Date Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada