Supervisor, Food and Beverage 2022/2023
Position Title: Supervisor, Food & Beverage
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Manager, Food & Beverage
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities, and events!
Job Summary: This individual is responsible for executing all aspects of the food and beverage department and directing the food and beverage staff in their day-to-day operations. This individual will ensure that all regulations and procedures for both the food industry as well as Chicopee are adhered to and followed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a hands-on leadership role.
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary certifications.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of qualified and competent team members.
- Responsible for training new staff and supervise their activities to ensure the highest standard of service and safety.
- Required to be familiar with Dayforce and Northsoft and assist with the maintenance of all data bases.
- Manage schedules and timesheets for payroll, pertaining to immediate staff.
- Required to be punctual and adhere to the uniform requirements of the position.
- Monitors and evaluates performance of team members including correcting substandard acts or conditions.
- Working weekends and nights will be required for this position.
- Required to attend all required department and corporate training sessions.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the workload of operations.
- Required to understand and perform lift evacuation procedures.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work environments.
- Read, understand, and comply with all company policies and procedures. Ensure they, along with all staff, follow and obey. Lead by example.
- Keep current with ongoing changes and new technology and adapt accordingly.
- Required to complete all log sheets, operating records, and inspection forms daily.
- Ensure department tasks are completed in a safe, timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those and any unusual situations to management.
- Control and care of inventory and parts.
- Demonstrate corporate standard for care and maintenance of company property and vehicles.
- Responsible for appropriate staff levels to meet requirements of the department.
- Assist in the enhancement and development of policies, procedures, and service systems to meet the goals of the department.
- Create Chicopee branded experience for the cafeteria, lounge, kitchen, and catering services.
- Assist in the hiring, selecting, training and development of Food and Beverage staff.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of trends in the industry and make improvement suggestions for the delivery of food and beverages.
- Coordinate information and communicate with all levels of management and staff.
- Assist with food and beverage promotions and development of special events.
- Maintain proper inventory control system.
- Ensure that consumable and non-consumable goods are correctly stored and issued to the various departments.
- Ensure the prompt and efficient service of all meals, snacks, food, and beverages to the required standards.
- Ensure the efficient running of banquets and events and that all rooms are clean and tidy.
- Ensure that the lounge, cafeteria, kitchen, and service areas are clean and well maintained.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist with developing and executing overall staffing plans, strategic plans, programs, and techniques to meet goals.
- Monitor on-the-job performance, guest service, and operational effectiveness for individual Food and Beverage locations and report findings and provide feedback to manager.
- Prepare all food product to establish standards and recipes.
- Required to maintain control of inventory.
- Responsible for opening and closing the food and beverage area for daily events and business.
- Required to understand all equipment and appropriate procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Demonstrates strong initiative, responsibility, flexibility, and leadership.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Customer oriented.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs) comfortably.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Must maintain all necessary certifications.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Working knowledge of risk management.
- Problem solving skills are a must.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback.
- Experience in a related role is an asset.
- Demonstrates ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
- Possess valid ‘G’ driver’s license.
- Previous kitchen experience required.
- Understanding of front of house operations.
- Post-secondary education in food and beverage would be an asset.
- A willingness to be a continuous learner.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, stressful environment.
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will need to be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Ability to provide your own uniform in compliance with our uniform policy.
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- You have the following certifications: First Aid, Smart Serve, Safe Food Handling.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Monday, November 21, 2022
- Job End Date Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada