Position Title: Host
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports to: Manager, Food and Beverage
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities, and events
Job Summary: This individual’s main purpose is to seat guests and deliver food to the restaurant patrons. Once the food order is prepared, the host/ food runner is responsible for ensuring that the plate arrives to the customer. Hosts/ Food Runners are the last of the staff to see the meal before it reaches the customer, so it’s important for them to know what each dish is supposed to look like, so nothing is missed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary certifications.
- Ensure the safety of our guests.
- Required to be punctual and adhere to the uniform requirements of the position.
- Required to attend pre-season department training and corporate training.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demands of operations.
- Ensure plates are handled carefully and brought out to the customer in a timely manner.
- Required to assist with duties such as cleaning, and clearing tables, filling water glasses, refilling drinking, maintaining cleanliness in the kitchen and customer areas, and returning plates to the kitchen.
- Required to work within strict deadlines.
- Greet Guests and provide menus if necessary.
- Light cleaning duties required.
- Inspect dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness and corrects any deficiencies if found.
- Must be courteous, pleasant, and well-groomed always.
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs) comfortably.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Previous Host / Food Running experience is an asset but not a requirement.
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Provide your own uniform in compliance with our uniform policy.
- Having your Safe Food Handling Certificate (REG 493) and/or Smart Serve will be considered an asset.
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Monday, November 21, 2022
- Job End Date Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada