Position Title: Server
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports to: Manager, Food and Beverage
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities and events
Job Summary: This individual will be required to provide excellent customer service, endorsement of menu items and specials, keep a clean workspace and serve alcoholic beverages and food to guests in a fast-paced environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary certifications.
- Ensure the safety of our guests.
- Required to be punctual and adhere to the uniform requirements of the position.
- Required to attend pre-season department training and corporate training.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demands of operations.
- Set up and maintenance of service, bar, and dining area.
- Table service of menu food items and beverages including coffee, tea, pop, water, and alcohol.
- Communicate with other departments and report to shift supervisor.
- Ability to describe and promote menu items.
- Input orders into Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Cash handling and nightly lock up duties.
- Stock and track inventory bar items including alcohol.
- Fill and monitor condiment items.
- Special event preparation such as decorating, table setting, and cutlery roll-ups.
- Light cleaning duties.
- Respond to guest inquiries and provide excellent customer service.
- Must provide own float.
- Handle all food and beverage items according to Government health standards.
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs) comfortably.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Previous Serving experience is an asset.
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Provide your own uniform in compliance with our uniform policy.
- You have the following certifications: Smart Serve.
- Having following certification will be considered an asset: Safe Food Handling Certificate (REG 493).
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Monday, November 21, 2022
- Job End Date Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada