Terrain Park Ambassador 2022/2023
Position Title: Terrain Park Ambassador (Seasonal)
Department: Recreation (Snow School)
Reports to: Supervisor, Snow School
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities and events!
Job Summary: The Terrain Park Ambassador performs professional works as a customer service and safety representative in the freestyle park. This individual has the responsibility to inform a supervisor if any skier or snowboarder is not following Chicopee’s club rules and guidelines. This individual will be responsible to set up and maintain all signage, fencing, and park features, ensuring all are functioning in a safe manner.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety of our guests.
- Required to be punctual and adhere to the uniform requirements of the position.
- Required to attend pre-season department training and corporate training.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demands of operations.
- Required to promote safety and good conduct in the park by ensuring customers follow the Responsibility Code and Terrain Park Guidelines are enforced and followed.
- Responsible for performing and maintaining all park safety checks and complying with procedures (which includes completing all daily documentation and logs for your shift).
- Responsible for set-up/tear-down of freestyle park fencing and signage, and maintenance of all freestyle park features.
- Responsible to remain alert and report accidents and unusual occurrences.
- Responsible for assisting in emergency situations.
- Required to be flexible on availability during special events.
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs) comfortably.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Proficient skiing/snowboarding ability in a freestyle park
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Purchase/own the required Chicopee Snow School jacket and provide your own black (no logo) snow pants.
- Provide your own CSA Z263.1, ASTM F2040, EN 1077, or Snell RS 98 (Health Canada standards) approved ski/snowboard helmet.
- You have the following certifications: CASI or CSIA
- Having following certification will be considered an asset: CSCF
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- You have a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC), if you are 18+ years of age.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Monday, December 12, 2022
- Job End Date Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada