Snow School Volunteer 2022/2023
Position Title: Snow School Volunteer
Department: Recreation (Snow School)
Reports to: Assistant Director, Snow School
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities, and events!
Job Summary: Volunteers will work with certified instructors and assist with the children’s lesson programs, rental shop, and the greeting patrons. We are looking for individuals that enjoy working with kids and have a desire to learn more about the world of instructing, rental shop, and guest experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety of the students you are assisting
- Required to be punctual and adhere to the uniform requirements of the position.
- Required to attend pre-season department training.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demands of operations.
- Required to assist young skiers and boarders on the lifts, assist the snow school classes on the slopes, help in the rental shop, greet patrons, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Must commit to assist with the Snow School programs that include evenings, weekends, Christmas and/or March Break.
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to confidently ski/snowboard all runs at Chicopee
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs.) comfortably.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Minimum of 14 years of age as of December 31, 2022.
- Bilingual is an asset.
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Provide your own CSA Z263.1, ASTM F2040, EN 1077, or Snell RS 98 (Health Canada standards) approved ski/snowboard helmet.
- Dress in compliance with our uniform policy.
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- You have a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC), if you are 18+ years of age.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Monday, December 12, 2022
- Job End Date Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada