Ski Instructor 2022/2023
Position Title: Ski Instructor, Snow School (Seasonal)
Department: Recreation (Snow School)
Reports to: Supervisor, Snow School
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities and events!
Job Summary: Instructs skiers of all ages and abilities how to improve their skiing skills, while providing a fun and effective learning environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary certifications.
- Ensure the safety of our guests.
- Required to be punctual and adhere to the uniform requirements of the position.
- Required to attend pre-season department training and corporate training.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demands of operations.
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary class records; maintaining an ongoing detailed record of all lessons taught including attendance and lesson plans.
- Communicates with both students and parents to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Encouraged to attend pre-season and on-hill training sessions.
- Encouraged to continuously work towards achieving the next level in the certification process.
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs.) comfortably.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Bilingual is an asset.
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Purchase/own the required Chicopee Snow School jacket and provide your own black (no logo) snow pants.
- Provide your own CSA Z263.1, ASTM F2040, EN 1077, or Snell RS 98 (Health Canada standards) approved ski/snowboard helmet.
- You have the following certifications: CSIA
- Having following certification will be considered an asset: CASI or CSCF
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- You have a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC), if you are 18+ years of age.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Monday, November 14, 2022
- Job End Date Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada