Supervisor, Guest Services 2022/2023
Position Title: Supervisor, Guest Services
Department: Guest Services
Reports to: Manager, Guest Experiences & Administration
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities, and events!
Job Summary: This individual will be required to assist with recruiting, training, leading, and developing seasonal teams to run the daily operations of Guest Services. This individual is responsible to ensure the overall guest experience is at the highest degree and that this goal is communicated, facilitated, and followed through by the entire Guest Services team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety of our guests.
- Required to be punctual and adhere to the uniform requirements of the position.
- Required to attend pre-season department training and corporate training.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demands of operations.
- Demonstrate a hands-on leadership role.
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary certifications.
- Recruit and select qualified and competent team members.
- Responsible for training new staff and supervise their activities to ensure the highest standard of service and safety.
- Required to be familiar with Dayforce and Northsoft and assist with the maintenance of all data bases.
- Manage schedules and timesheets for departmental payroll.
- Monitors and evaluates performance of team members including correcting substandard acts or conditions.
- Working weekends and nights will be required for this position.
- Required to understand and perform lift evacuation procedures.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work environments.
- Read, understand, and comply with all company policies and procedures. Ensure they, along with all staff, follow and obey. Lead by example.
- Keep current with ongoing changes and new technology and adapt accordingly.
- Required to complete all log sheets, operating records, and inspection forms daily.
- Ensure department tasks are completed in a safe, timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those and any unusual situations to management.
- Control and care of inventory and parts.
- Demonstrate corporate standard for care and maintenance of company property and vehicles.
- A willingness to be a continuous learner.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, stressful environment.
- Responsible for appropriate staff levels to meet requirements of the department.
- Assist in the development of policies, procedures, and service systems to meet the goals of the department.
- Assist with the keeping of Guest Service records.
- Assist with the ongoing inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Motivate team through product knowledge training and on the job training.
- Responsible for opening and closing Guest Services for daily events and business.
- Required to complete daily reports and balance sheets.
- Responsible for cash floats and flow.
- Required to perform front line guest services, phone reception duties, and respond to emails.
- Balances daily receipts and handling of cash, Visa, MasterCard, and debit for deposit.
- May be approached to become an active member of the Health and Safety Committee.
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs) comfortably.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Demonstrates strong initiative, responsibility, flexibility, and leadership.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Working knowledge of risk management.
- Problem solving skills are a must.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback.
- Experience in a related role is an asset.
- Demonstrates ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Retail experience is an asset.
- Experience with cash handling required.
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Provide your own uniform in compliance with our uniform policy.
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- You are 18+ years of age.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Monday, September 12, 2022
- Job End Date Sunday, March 26, 2023
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada